Our Support Operations team is responsible for building and supporting tools like the "support diagnostics", which are foundational to the delivery of the Support Engineer’s role at Elastic, known internally as the framework of Support. As that framework evolves and expands, we are looking for a new DevOps engineer to join our team, in a distributed-first environment. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who is keen to learn and, sometimes, teach, to deconstruct complex workflows and collaborate with other teams to deliver a fit for purpose solution and contribute to the Support organisation’s roadmap. We listen, we solve, we guide, and we’re excited to bring on a new team member to join us on this journey.
What You Will Be Doing:
- You work with other Support Operations Software Engineers to assist with the requirements, design, as well as build and support the tools that are the foundation of Customer Support
- You will work with Support Management to understand priorities and flesh out requirements
- You will write code to implement, maintain, and support the framework of Support primarily for the backend, but sometimes on the frontend
- You will be working on multiple software projects, sometimes simultaneously
- You will assist people facing issues with the framework of Support
What You Bring Along:
- BS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years as a hands-on software engineer, preferably in a DevOps environment, doing primarily backend development (Java or similar programming languages)
- You are adept at handling cross team partnerships and developing relationships for cross team collaboration
- You are willing to work with multiple teams to address a single feature
- You have the motivation to find and address the root causes that detract from supporting our customers, independently or with a team
- You show the ability to see past an already selected solution to the problem that it is meant to address
- You bring empathy for those using the tools and services that we build and maintain
What Tools and Services You Use:
- Distributed systems design and development
- 3rd party Cloud hosting services (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.)
- Serverless infrastructure
- Open source projects and companies
- Automated testing
- Source control & code management (GitHub)
- Support infrastructure (Salesforce)
- Containerisation & Orchestration (Kubernetes, Docker)
- Infrastructure Automation (Ansible)
- Continuous integration and build systems
We're looking to hire team members invested in realizing the goal of making real-time data exploration easy and available to anyone. As a distributed company, we believe that diversity drives our vibe! Whether you're looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
Apply for this Position