SaleHoo.com is a New Zealand-based company creating online tools and training for people looking to start their own online businesses. We’re based in Christchurch, but the majority of our team work remotely from various places around the world.
We are looking for a freelance/contract UX / Web Interface Designer available to work on SaleHoo.com
We want to hear from people who can prove a great eye for detail, true passion for design and an up-to-the minute knowledge of the latest and greatest techniques in user experience design and development. You should be someone who relishes having major input into several different projects, delights in producing first-class user experience designs, and continually tries to make each new project better than the last.
You should have knowledge of and strong interest in:
- Translating requests from non-technical staff into elegant and functioning applications
- Typography, white space and other details that occur when creating top notch designs
- Prototyping interfaces and webpage designs (Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.)
- Experience designing data/analytical visualisations
- Nice to have: Web development skills (HTML, CSS, JS)
Other important parts of this role are:
- Being well organised and excellent communication skills.
- Conducting user research with potential or existing customers
- Having the ability to work effectively in a team.
- Skilled at planning and implementing design projects.
This is a freelance/contract (paid as an hourly rate) position although fulltime work in the future is also a possibility - lets talk!
Neat things about working with us:
- Flexible hours
- Work from home (or from our Christchurch office)
- Relaxed, ego-free, family-friendly work culture
If you'd like to come work in our Christchurch office in Ferrymead, you also get:
- Weekly Friday BBQ (or sushiBQ, or ThaiBQ)
- Novelty coffee mugs
- An extremely comfortable chair
- Tap dancing seagulls
Apply for this Position
- Worldwide (must overlap US/NZ time zones)