This position is remote based.
At GitLab, developers are independent and self-organized individual contributors who work together as a tight team in a remote and agile
Most backend developers work on all aspects of GitLab, building features, fixing bugs, and generally improving the application. The Search team is responsible for delivering a first class global search experience throughout GitLab products. They are experienced Ruby/GoLang developers who focus on implementing core Elasticsearch functions while advising other development teams on best practices (e.g. indexing)
- Proficient in Go (Golang) and/or Ruby, Ruby on Rails (this is a strict requirement).
- Elasticsearch experience - modeling, processing, nodes and index management
- Desirable: DevOps experience, working with Linux, GCP/AWS, Chef/Ansible, or similar products
- Desirable: PostgreSQL experience
- Experience with other technologies a plus.
- You can reason about software, algorithms, and performance from a high level.
- You are passionate about open source.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Self-motivated and have strong organizational skills.
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
The compensation calculator for this role can be found here.