At Pocket, our mission is to enable people to consume stories worthy of their time and attention. Our apps and platform are essential ways that over 100M people discover and consume content on the web. We're a small team that has the resources of a large company (Pocket was acquired by Mozilla in 2017) and that means lots of opportunity to own projects from start to finish that have tremendous impact on hundreds of millions of users, across many different devices and platforms. Your role will fundamentally affect the success of Pocket.
We share Mozilla’s commitments to transparency and privacy on the internet and within that context are building a team to expand our data products in search, recommendations, and content understanding. We deploy these products across our Pocket platform as well as the Firefox browser, used by hundreds of millions of people.
Come work with us and make a huge impact.
What you’ll do:
- Conceptualize, design and prototype new uses of our data set to enrich the Pocket and Firefox user experience.
- Productize, iterate, ship and scale recommendation systems that power user-facing features used by millions of people every day within both Pocket and Firefox.
- Develop a novel privacy preserving recommendation system.
- Contribute to an extraordinary team and shape the future of data at Pocket.
What you already have:
- You love combining data + engineering and problem solving how to create incredible experiences at their intersection.
- You have an academic background in computer science or equivalent work experience.
- You have at least 3 years professional experience and direct experience around data science topics like NLP, IR, Search and/or ML. Consumer-facing product experience a plus.
- You possess practical experience with large, complex data sets and using statistics, data mining and modeling to extract useful data and insights.
- You have strong communication skills, an ability to approach problems in a structured way and distill complex issues into actionable insights.
- While not required, direct experience with designing and implementing data pipelines, neural networks, and Elasticsearch or equivalent are all pluses.
Learn more on our blog. To learn more about the Mozilla acquisition of Pocket, please visit our blog.
Mozilla is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity throughout our recruiting and hiring process and is dedicated to growing diversity in our workplace.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply for this Position