Invoca offers an unusually valuable engineering experience. You will be part of a team of world-class Operations Engineers deploying code to our production SaaS platform and public cloud infrastructure multiple times per day. Our remote-first team is committed to upholding high standards via modern methodologies of agile software deployment, test-driven development, and DevOps.
What you will do:
- Work on solutions for challenging problems, including: highly available architecture, large scale data warehouses, scalable and reliable VoIP telephony
- Exhibit an exceptional diligence to automate processes.
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
- Participate in peer code reviews, design reviews, production on-call rotation, standups, retrospectives, mentoring 1-on-1s, root cause analyses, and more.
- Focus on the whole production stack; building, maintaining, and monitoring systems that a wide range of internal and external customers are using.
What we are looking for:
Apply for this Position
- A systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Extensive experience within a production environment implementing, troubleshooting, and supporting Linux operating systems, Internet-based applications, and web servers
- Advanced knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes, and the challenges/benefits associated with containerization.
- Hands-on experience with Configuration Management (e.g. Chef, Ansible, Puppet) and/or Infrastructure as Code (e.g. Terraform, CloudFormation).
- A desire to create and write elegant, scalable, and maintainable tools and solutions.