Fastly helps the world’s most popular digital businesses keep pace with their customer expectations by delivering fast, secure, and scalable online experiences. Businesses trust Fastly to accelerate the pace of technical innovation, mitigate evolving threats, and scale on demand. Founded in 2011, Fastly powers online destinations including Airbnb, GitHub, Alaska Airlines, Pinterest, Vimeo, The Guardian, and The New York Times.
The worldwide cloud services market is projected to grow rapidly to $236 billion in 2020, according to Forrester, Inc. As more and more businesses move operations to the cloud, Fastly is well positioned to continue increasing CDN, cloud networking and cloud security market share with edge cloud services that reach beyond content delivery.
We’re building a better Internet. Come join us.
Senior Growth Strategy Manager
As a Sr Growth Strategy Manager, you will conduct analysis and drive insights relating to the overall growth strategy for Fastly, working closely with team members and leaders across the company to answer complex questions and support our strategic planning.
What You'll Do
- Conduct research on market and industry trends, identify market dynamics, analyze customer segmentation and its impact to Fastly’s market position
- Help create business cases for product strategy initiatives, with a focus on emerging market trends and opportunity sizing
- Identify, research, and evaluate threats and opportunities to our long-term growth plan
Partner with Product, Sales, Marketing and Finance Leadership to provide forward looking analysis to drive roadmaps and investments
- Lead and collaborate with cross-functional teams to implement and execute on growth initiatives
- Own win/loss process, execution and analysis, synthesizing results to help steer GTM initiatives
- Maintain a strong understanding of the market & competitive landscape as well as Fastly’s customer base, to discover core patterns that encourage growth
Provide visibility into growth strategies by developing and maintaining processes. Organize exec reviews and presentations for groups at Fastly
What We're Looking For
- 5-10 yrs experience in strategic development, market strategy or product strategy roles at highly technical or enterprise companies; includes 3+ years of management consulting experience working with technology companies
- MBA preferred. Or degree in Business, Finance/Accounting, or Econometrics
- Knows where/how to dig to answer ad-hoc questions to inform business decisions.
- Enjoys diving deep into research and knows how to manage and process multiple layers of data and information
- A strategic and analytical thinker, with the ability to look into the details and interpret the impact of key industry drivers. Superior problem solving and decision-making skills coupled with strong business acumen
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including sharing ideas and information across diverse audiences and producing high-quality deliverables in order to drive business decisions. Confident and able to be influential and assertive.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, manage multiple priorities and make ongoing decisions. Proven ability to break down complex problems into manageable goals.
- High level of integrity and professional judgment, with the ability to effectively manage highly sensitive, confidential information.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Comfortable working with data tools like Google Analytics, DOMO
We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
We love distributed teams. Fastly’s home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is in our DNA.
We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits like up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, and an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful -- every day.
We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we’re not ‘one size fits all’. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they are passionate about.
We’re always looking for humble, sharp, and creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit please apply!
Fastly is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and to providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Employment decisions at Fastly are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Fastly encourages applicants from all backgrounds.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Fastly. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.