Fastly helps people stay better connected with the things they love. Fastly’s edge cloud platform enables customers to create great digital experiences quickly, securely, and reliably by processing, serving, and securing our customers’ applications as close to their end-users as possible — at the edge of the internet. The platform is designed to take advantage of the modern internet, to be programmable, and to support agile software development.
Fastly’s customers’ use our edge cloud platform to ensure concertgoers can buy tickets to the live events they love, travelers can book flights seamlessly and embark on their next great adventure, and sports fans can stream events in real-time, across devices. They include many of the world’s most prominent companies, including Spotify, Alaska Airlines, Hulu, The New York Times, and Ticketmaster.
We’re building a more trustworthy Internet. Come join us.
Sales Engineer - Growth Markets (US East)
Identify customer pain points, develop solutions, present the Fastly value benefits and address any technical objections. To realize this, the Sales Engineer should have a strong desire to utilize their technical and sales skills to understand the customer’s needs and requirements. The Sales Engineer should be highly competent in assisting to develop a technical sales strategy and have the ability to work cross-functionally with Sales, Product Management, Product Marketing, Engineering. Experience in delivering compelling demonstrations of cloud solutions and products is essential.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with Account Executives to develop and execute a winning sales strategy for an opportunity.
- Understand customer needs and propose relevant Fastly solutions.
- Perform product demonstrations live in the field or via video conference.
- Plan and successfully execute on light Proof-of-Concepts.
- Provide pre-sales support to customers in establishment of configurations and services.
- Execute a smooth hand-off of a customer to post sales team.
- Participate in product, sales and role-specific trainings so as to remain effective in your role.
- Be able to contribute content for general customer education.
- Assist in responding effectively to RFPs.
What We're Looking For:
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Experience selling to or working in relevant industry.
- Knowledge re: cloud and web related technologies is required.
- Customer facing experience is essential.
- Experience performing demo’s in front of both technical and business focused prospects.
- Comfort with networking/security systems/protocols and Linux systems are essential.
- Working familiarity with a basic scripting language (Python, Ruby, Perl, PHP or VCL).
- Impeccable written communication skills are important.
- Comfortable keeping up with technology trends in cloud services.
- Open, curious and receptive to new ideas and ways of doing things.
- Travel 10 - 20%.
- Bilingual in Spanish/English is a nice to have.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, MIS or a comparable field is preferred.
- We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
- We love distributed teams. Fastly’s home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is in our DNA.
- We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits like up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, and an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
- We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful -- every day.
- We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we’re not ‘one size fits all’. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they are passionate about.
We’re always looking for humble, sharp, and creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit please apply!
Fastly is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and to providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Employment decisions at Fastly are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Fastly encourages applicants from all backgrounds.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Fastly. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.