Our homes are our most valuable asset and also the most difficult to buy and sell. Knock is on a mission to make trading in your house as simple and certain as trading in your car. Started by founding team members of Trulia.com (NYSE: TRLA, acquired by Zillow for $3.5B), Knock is an online home trade-in platform that uses data science to price homes accurately, technology to sell them quickly and a dedicated team of professionals to guide you every step of the way. We share the same top-tier investors as iconic brands like Netflix, Tivo, Match, HomeAway and Houzz.
We are seeking an experienced Cloud Infrastructure Engineer to help us design, build and monitor our AWS cloud Infrastructure. You will provide infrastructure architectural direction and implementation to support engineering efforts for both Knock’s internal and customer-facing products. We are looking for someone who is passionate about creating great products to help millions of home buyers and sellers buy or sell a home without risk, stress, and uncertainty.
- Work with engineering teams to understand infrastructure requirements, provide insight and direction to achieve a balance between strategic design and tactical needs.
- Setup and maintain dev/staging/production environments in AWS using Terraform configurations (infrastructure as code).
- Establish and ensure infrastructure standards (security, reliability, availability, and scalability) and procedures are met by our engineering teams.
- Design and implement AWS cloud infrastructure tools.
- Design and implement proactive monitoring solutions to ensure service SLA’s and other metrics are met.
- Identify opportunities for infrastructure optimization and cost reduction.
- Some on-call required.
- Must be U.S. based.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a DevOps or infrastructure architect role.
- Minimum of 2 years of full lifecycle software development experience including coding, testing, troubleshooting, and deployment.
- Experience in running and maintaining automated production infrastructure in the AWS cloud.
- Strong knowledge of Linux OS (CentOS, RedHat, Ubuntu) and bash/shell scripting.
- Strong knowledge of AWS cloud products, security, and networking, including VPCs/ACLs/subnets/NAT/VPN, IAM, ELB/ALB, Route53, etc.
- Experience in infrastructure provisioning products, Terraform (preferred) or CloudFormation.
- Experience running container management systems (ECS, kubernetes, Mesosphere) in production.
- Programming proficiency in Go or Python.
Bonus points for knowledge of:
- Apache Spark
What we can offer you:
- An amazing opportunity to be an integral part of building the next multi-billion dollar consumer brand around the single largest purchase of our lives.
- Talented, passionate and mission-driven peers disrupting the status quo.
- Competitive cash, full medical, dental, vision benefits, 401k, flexible work schedule, unlimited vacation (2 weeks mandatory) and sick time.
- Flexibility to live and work anywhere within the United States. As we are a distributed company and engineering team, we are open to any U.S. location for this role.
We have offices in New York, San Francisco, Atlanta, Charlotte, Raleigh, Dallas-Fort Worth, Phoenix, and Denver with more on the way. In fact, we are proud to be a distributed company with employees in 18 different states. This is an amazing opportunity to be an integral part of building a multi-billion dollar consumer brand in an industry that is long overdue for a new way of doing things. You will be working with a passionate, mission-driven team that is disrupting the status quo.
Knock is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Knock are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Please no recruitment firm or agency inquiries, you will not receive a reply from us.
Apply for this Position