This position is remote.
GitLab is looking to add a Marketing Web Developer/Designer to our Marketing team to help design, develop & maintain our website and other marketing properties. As the Marketing Web Developer/Designer you will work closely with product marketing, content marketing, and other members of the Marketing team. This role will be part of the Marketing Design team and report directly to the CMO.
Develop & maintain a top-notch user experience across all of these properties through A/B testing and data-driven design.
Research, design, and implement concepts that increase engagement and conversion.
Define front-end framework(s), UX style guides, and user flows to drive efficiency and consistency in our user experience.
- 6+ years experience specializing in front-end development, web and user experience design.
- A professional portfolio demonstrating a strong background in front-end development, web, UX, and visual design (candidates without a portfolio will not be considered).
- Expert-level understanding of responsive design and best practices.
- Experience running effective A/B tests.
- Strong knowledge of design tools (Sketch, Adobe CC, etc.).
- You use research and best practices to create, validate, and present your ideas to project stakeholders.
- Obsessive over the details and creating thoughtful and intuitive experiences.
- Able to iterate quickly and embrace feedback from many perspectives.
- Strong understanding of information architecture, interaction design, and user-centered design best practices.
- Understanding of Git and comfortable using the command line.
- A track record of being self-motivated and delivering on time.
- Candidates in Americas timezones will be preferred.
- Basic Ruby knowledge; our website is built on Middleman using HAML.
- Able to pitch in on other design efforts; i.e. branding, illustration, swag, social ad campaigns, digital publications, etc.
- Experience working in a fully or partially remote company.
To view the full job description and its compensation calculator, view our handbook. The compensation calculator can be found towards the bottom of the page.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
Apply for this Position