Senior Executive Business Administrator, Product and Engineering
About the role
Executive Business Administrator's at GitLab toggle seamlessly between various systems including G-Suite, Slack, Expensify, Zoom and GitLab to accomplish an array of tasks, while staying focused on prioritization and escalating urgent issues. We’re searching for a self-driven, collaborative, and agile team member who is experienced in managing multiple priorities, juggling various responsibilities, and anticipating executives’ needs. The ideal candidate will be exceptionally organized personally and enjoys organizing for others, has a deep love of logistics and thrives in a dynamic start-up environment.
- Support GitLab’s VP of Product Strategy, VP of Product, and VP of Engineering in Pacific, Mountain and Central time-zones
- Own and proactively manage a complex, changing, high-volume calendar across multiple time-zones. Ensure CLO is prepped and briefed for every meeting
- Make recommendations for the Executive(s) in regard to their time management, prioritization, delegation and organization
- Seamlessly coordinate extensive domestic and international travel including air and ground transportation, hotel reservations, security, visas and other travel documentation. Accompanying the Executive when necessary
- Assist various executive level staff in the preparation of materials for executive leadership meetings, board meetings, audit reviews, budget meetings, etc.
- Run cadence of weekly staff meetings and other important meetings, including planning agenda, organization, and follow-up on action items, while infusing our company values throughout
- Draft internal and external communications on behalf of Executive
- Assist the full life cycle of recruiting including booking interviews, liaising between the hiring team and the candidate, and coordinating on-boarding of new hires
- May manage Executives email inbox including drafting internal and external communications on behalf of Executive
- Compile receipts to submit timely and accurate expense reports on a monthly basis
- Liaise effectively with EBA counterparts and build strong working relationships with a wide range of company stakeholders at all levels
- Run and lead special projects upon request
- Orchestrates events such as team off-sites, team building activities and company kick-offs as needed
- Must be able to work flexible hours to support international business meetings and some travel is required in most roles
- Provides administrative assistance to other managers and team members as needed
- Serve as a helpful knowledge base for team members within the department(s), especially for processes and procedures, and provide assistance in a hands-on, proactive manner
- Continually improve processes and procedures to reduce work time and cost without compromising work quality
- Collaborate with and provide coverage for other Sr. EBA's
- Other duties as assigned in support of the business (ad-hoc tasks)
- Minimum 5 years supporting a C-Level Executive(s) as an executive business partner or Sr. EA at a quickly-scaling company. Preferably with a deep knowledge of the Product and Engineering functions.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience preferred
- High integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality of all work product and sensitive information
- Strong attention to detail and proofreading ability
- Extensive technical skills with Google Suite, Zoom, Slack and Expensify among other tools. Demonstrated ability to adopt technical tools quickly (i.e. terminal, text editor)
- Self-starter who can operate independently and move quickly from one task to another; creative problem solver, seeks "win-win" solutions; energized by challenges with superb attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and business acumen; ability to communicate with team members and external parties at all levels
- Proven leadership skills and demonstrates “one team” mindset; able to lead other EBA’s and partner well across GitLab
- Detailed and goal-oriented planner; possesses the ability to appropriately prioritize business needs and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Approachable and effective communicator across various communication channels and with all levels of the organization
- Experience with event planning & coordination to include support for large meetings, off-sites
- Experience in a start-up environment preferred
- Experience working remotely preferred
- A sincere willingness to help out
- A passion for GitLab
To view the full job description and its compensation calculator, view our handbook. The compensation calculator can be found towards the bottom of the page.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
Apply for this Position