Developer Advocate, Juju
Canonical's Juju team is looking for a talented, technology-oriented communicator to join a distributed team focused on delivering the best tools for operating scale out software on today’s cloud infrastructure.
Our developer advocate will engage directly with the engineering team on a day-to-day basis, interact with the user and developer communities around Juju, construct documentation and tutorials, and assist end users with their technical problems. Juju provides the opportunity to work in the fast paced world of cloud operations and datacenter management.
We have a lot of interesting work ahead of us in providing the most thoughtful and powerful tooling to our users. If you have a passion for clean documentation, empathy for end users, and believe in continuous improvement, you'll fit right in.
As a developer advocate in the Juju team, you will have a broad impact and responsibility for quality of the end user experience with Juju and the long-term success of the project.
Key areas of accountability and responsibility
- Become an expert in using Juju across a number of cloud providers with a deep understanding of the various features that Juju offers.
- Engage with the Juju community through various means including the Juju discourse website.
- Create materials for experienced technical users as well as those who may be new to administering cloud & virtualized platforms. Material will consist of installation and upgrade guides, system administration guides, release notes, technical papers, tutorials, and knowledge-base articles.
- Collaborate with software developers, product managers, other writers, information architects, quality assurance engineers, and technical support engineers to develop documentation.
- Read design documents and specifications, build, install, and use pre-release software to assist in generating proper instructions.
- Structure the documentation to target different audiences to aid in documentation discoverability.
Essential skills and expertise
- BS/BA or equivalent in Technical Communication, English, Computer Science, or a related field
- Ability to rapidly assimilate technical information from a variety of sources.
- Must be flexible and enjoy working with new technology in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity with command line UNIX/Linux.
- Experience of working effectively as part of a distributed team.
- Confidence in using Ubuntu as a desktop computing platform for all of the above.
- Familiarity with using Git or other version control systems.
Desired skills and expertise
Apply for this Position
- Knowledge of HTML, Markdown and other documentation technologies.
- Knowledge of video creation and production.
- Familiarity with cloud infrastructure.
- Experience working with OpenStack.
- Additional language skills.