Stripe is looking for an experienced compliance professional to help grow our regulatory reporting team. The role could either be based in Seattle or could be remote. In this role, you will coordinate with Stripe’s legal, internal systems and product teams to (a) understand and document regulatory reporting requirements, (b) implement systems and workflows for comprehensively tracking those requirements for each Stripe entity, (c) prepare and submit timely and accurate reports to each regulator that requires them.
Stripe is both a technology company and a financial services company, and you will need to be comfortable straddling both of those worlds every day. The right person for the role will enjoy dealing with that puzzle, seeking creative solutions and moving quickly, often in the face of ambiguity.
- Help design the processes and systems necessary to compile and document regulatory requirements around the world.
- Work with program owners to build scalable mechanisms and controls for tracking compliance reporting obligations.
- Help build a robust, scalable global program for reporting to regulators in each jurisdiction where Stripe is regulated.
- Meet with regulators as necessary to explain Stripe’s regulatory reporting activities.
- Assist in developing, implementing and monitoring a risk-based compliance program to assure compliance with federal, state, agency, legal and regulatory requirements.
- Assist in evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, initiatives, products and internal controls and identifies issues resulting from internal and/or external compliance examinations.
- Assist with production of periodic compliance performance reports for management/board, including trend analysis and recommended strategies.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 5+ years of compliance operations, internal audit or project management experience with an accounting, consulting, or financial services firm.
- Experience with licensed money transmission, money services business or similar regulated financial services activities.
- Ability to work efficiently and independently in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with internal stakeholders.
- An effective and relatable “culture of compliance” mentality.
- Experience working with legal counsel and translating regulatory requirements into robust operational processes.
Apply for this Position
- Resume and LinkedIn profile.