Client Services Operations Manager
Posted on July 18th, 2019
Fastly helps the world’s most popular digital businesses keep pace with their customer expectations by delivering fast, secure, and scalable online experiences. Businesses trust Fastly to accelerate the pace of technical innovation, mitigate evolving threats, and scale on demand. Founded in 2011, Fastly powers online destinations including Airbnb, GitHub, Alaska Airlines, Pinterest, Vimeo, The Guardian, The New York Times and Ticketmaster.
The worldwide cloud services market is projected to grow rapidly to $236 billion in 2020, according to Forrester, Inc. As more and more businesses move operations to the cloud, Fastly is well positioned to continue increasing CDN, cloud networking and cloud security market share with edge cloud services that reach beyond content delivery.
We’re building a better Internet. Come join us.
Client Services Operations Manager
As a Client Services Operations Manager you will be a meaningful part of our growth responsible for providing first class operational support to our Client Services organization. You will help drive business plans, define process, analyze performance support trends and improve productivity. In addition, you will drive operational improvements in the areas of planning, reporting, process, workflow, and communication. You are a self-starter, independent thinker, deeply analytical and are comfortable working in a structured manner to thrive in ambiguity.
What You'll Do
- Work closely with other team members and the business to further develop critical metrics, analytics and dashboards to provide performance measurement and drive business performance through deep business insight
- Actively recognize business needs and provide core business support functions to ensure the successful running of the business
- Develop and conduct training on critical business processes
- Understand priorities and execute operational plans; Support development of operations strategy
- Craft, and deliver top-quality, audience-appropriate communication
- Optimize operational efficiency through creative thinking, process improvement and system enhancements
- Help define standard methodologies
- Work with peers and leaders in all departments to figure out impact of application changes on systems and processes and how it will alter current reporting
- Work with a multi-functional team as a SME for projects where operations business knowledge is required; This includes participating in requirement gathering, system testing, and training and documentation for the business
- Lead projects with support of leadership
- Create executive-facing presentations
- Other responsibilities as assigned
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Achieved 5-7 years analyst or relevant experience
- Accomplished problem solver, preferably in a Client Services or Customer Care operations, consulting, business analyst role
- Excellent analytical, reporting, data manipulation, dashboard creation, and business intelligence skills
- Previous Salesforce and Domo experience preferred
- Proven written and relational social skills at all levels of an organization
- Ability to translate data and metrics into predictable business insight
- Ability to interpret complex business documents and reports
- Ability to create and present process documentation and training
- Detail oriented; Highly organized with the ability to manage towards multiple deadlines simultaneously
- Ability to network and build positive relationships with peers, senior leaders and executives
- Startup experience is a plus
- We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
- We love distributed teams. Fastly’s home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is in our DNA.
- We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits, like generous parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, and an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
- We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to a being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful -- every day.
- We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we’re not ‘one size fits all’. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they are passionate about.
Fastly provides equal employment opportunity without regard to an applicant’s race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Fastly. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Apply for this Position