Brushfire is looking for a Full Stack Web Application Engineer (U.S. Only) who is
- well-versed in large-scale application infrastructure and design,
- familiar with web application development patterns and practices,
- driven to create captivating and interactive web experiences,
- skilled in layout and has an eye for attention to detail,
- experienced in building published, high quality web sites and applications,
- stimulated by collaborating with a team to define, design and ship new features,
- excited to work for our primarily Christian church/ministry customers.
Your primary task will be to utilize your design knowledge/problem-solving skills to work alongside and with our existing developers as we create, maintain, and enhance our large-scale web applications. You should be on the cutting edge of emerging standards, technologies, and tools while being well-versed in cross-platform, multi-cloud development of complex, highly-available systems. Ultimately, we want someone who will take pride in learning quickly and contributing fully to create an experience our users will love. If that sounds like you, then you sound like us!
We value your time and efforts, so salary is commensurate with experience and includes benefits. We thrive in a completely remote work environment -- with no central office -- where people learn and grow with the company. We are collaborative, creative, and innovative, with each person expected to contribute to meaningful outcomes.
Successful applicants will be asked to show proof that they can legally work in the US. Though we are remote, applicants closer to our teams in Fort Worth, Texas or Boulder, Colorado will be shown preference.
Things you'll be doing:
- Design Azure WebJobs and Cloud Service Worker Processes
- Design and consume HTTP REST APIs
- Code web applications using ASP.NET MVC based upon approved designs
- Collaborate closely with other developers and graphic designers
- Participate on multiple projects from concept through completion without continual supervision.
- Provide quality control over in both code and visual concepts/designs.
- Potentially lead sessions in your areas of strength while supervising and inspiring those involved in your process.
Things you really need to have:
- Demonstrable experience coding complex web applications in ASP.net or a similar MVC server-side language.
- Strong object-oriented programming skills and familiarity with software design patterns.
- Strong knowledge of SQL/relational databases
- Experience with mobile responsive design using popular frameworks such as Bootstrap.
- Familiarity with distributed version control systems.
- Ability to communicate fluently, pleasantly, and effectively—both orally and in writing, in the English language—with customers and co-workers.
- Passion, integrity, and energy
Things we think are cool for you to have, but aren't deal breakers:
Apply for this Position
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with wireframing/mockup tools (InVision/Sketch)
- Experience with React, Angular, or equivalent frameworks
- Familiarity with non-structured persistent document data stores (NoSQL)
- Demonstrable experience on past projects (via Github, BitBucket, Google Code, etc). A candidate with an active commit history at a site like these will be favored over a candidate without similar history.