An opportunity to join a fast-growing startup as one of the first employees. You will completely own the crucial Application Support function at Prestozon, keeping our systems running smoothly. This remote-work role is a great opportunity that includes managing a complex and large scale systems and ensuring that the processing of terabytes of data and millions of dollars every day runs smoothly.
We are looking for a special person who is equally comfortable with both A) data forensics and critical thinking about technical flows, as well as B) automating maintenance tasks, building scripts to collect metrics & tools to monitor operations. This person will play a crucial role on our small and friendly team and you’ll report directly to one of the founders.
Your job will involve:
- Handling application support for Prestozon, identifying operational issues and help fixing them
- Working closely with our developers and architect
- Technical investigation of issues using our logs, code base and monitoring services
- Coordinate with teammates to resolve issues quickly, including the direct submission of code patches
- Writing and deploying scripts to automate maintenance and data migration tasks
- Building internal tools to collect metrics and monitor the system
- Expanding and keeping our internal technical documentation up to date
Our user base is global, concentrated in the US and Europe. As one of the first employees, opportunities for learning and growth abound for you to grow in the direction you want.
- Self motivated and curious
- Interested in understanding and optimizing complex systems
- Aware of standard security best practices and conscious of information privacy issues
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Experience in application software support required
- Experience with SQL, APIs, and error logs required
- Experience with and comfortable working remotely
- Independent worker, good judgement and decision-making
- Experience with large scale systems, e.g., terabyte-size data stores, tables with hundreds of millions of rows, is a plus
Experience in the following technologies is a major plus:
- Java, Groovy or other JVM languages, ideally exposure to the Spring framework
- Cloud computing platforms, ideally AWS
- Infrastructure management services, ideally Cloudformation
- Serverless architectures or cloud functions, ideally exposure to AWS Lambda
- Key/Value stores, ideally Redis
- messaging queue systems, ideally exposure to SQS
- Pub/Sub notification systems, ideally exposure to SNS
We have a supportive, empowered, friendly company culture that promotes a healthy work-life balance. We care about ourselves as whole people, not just workers.
- Independent work in a supportive and friendly team
- Remote work - work from home or wherever you work best.
- Competitive salary
- Financial support for coworking membership and setting you up with an environment in which you work most efficiently.
- Excellent health, dental, vision, life insurance
- Paid trips out to San Francisco to work with the team (2-3x/year)
If this role sounds like you, please send us your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the right fit for this role to email@example.com.
We look forward to meeting you!
Prestozon is the world's leading Amazon advertising software, helping businesses and agencies of all sizes manage their Amazon product promotions, a crucial piece of business success in the growing Amazon world. The Prestozon team are Amazon PPC experts with a deep background in building world-class software. Prestozon is made for Amazon sellers and agencies who need their Amazon ads managed without hassle so that they can get on with the important things.
Apply for this Position