As a Senior SRE/DevOps engineer you will focus on supportring our netdata cloud offerings and augment our existing development infrastructure by implementing the automations necessary to catalyse further development of both our open-source project and our commerical offerings. This includes building upon our existing CI/CD, packaging, installation facilities and operational processes as well as developing custom solutions for our various teams and systems. As a Netdata SRE/DevOps engineer you will also be assisting engineers across our company, enabling them to provide world-class solutions for numerous platforms; as well as our community, open-source contributors and team-members with your deep knowledge of systems and troubleshooting skills.
Why join Netdata
- We are a team of industry veterans and senior engineers that prioritize performance and ease of use over anything else.
- We embrace remote work and great work-life balance.
- We are solving hard problems that affect thousands of organisations worldwide.
- We are deeply committed to Open Source and love our community.
- We deeply care about system performance.
When you join Netdata, you can expect
- A competitive salary.
- A generous stock plan.
- To join a venture-backed startup working with some of the most sophisticated investors of Silicon Valley.
- To be part of our world-class team and interact with an amazing community.
- To see first-hand how to grow and succeed in an engineering-first, open source-based company.
- To find a culture that rewards doers.
Netdata is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment for everyone, regardless of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military service or other non-merit factor.
- Develop our automated CI/CD, packaging, deployment and execution environment infrastructure.
- Develop automation tools to catalyse existing development or operational processes.
- Evaluate, architect and develop technology options for our infrastructure and systems.
- Troubleshoot, maintain, enhance and augment our platform; candidates will be expected to participate in an on-call rota.
- Automate tasks wherever possible.
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies.
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience on CI/CD tools (Travis, Gitlab, AWS, Azure, etc) and methodologies
- Minimum 3 years of Linux systems development and/or administration.
- Minimum 2 years of experience with at least one scripting language, coupled with related automation projects
- Previous experience with cloud-based technologies and surrounding operational processes
- Self motivated, conscientious, with a problem-solving, hands-on mindset.
- Perfectionist where it matters, but also pragmatic, with effective time management skills.
- Team player, eager to help.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English.
- Expert on Continuous Integration, with long experience in Test Automation
- 5+ years of shell scripting experience, on at least 2 languages (BASH, python, perl, ruby, etc.)
- Minimum 2 years of experience with Google Cloud app engine and surrounding operational processes
- Experience on configuration management and tools to support it (Ansible, puppet, etc.)
- Experience with monitoring solutions and service assurance in general.
- A linux, cross-distribution artisan. A good amount of knowledge on windows system administration
- Open source contributor
- Agile Development Methodology
Apply for this Position