At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to pursue the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. We help people around the world do extraordinary things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. Often, what you can do with our products is only limited by what you can dream up. We believe that diversity drives our vibe. We unite employees across 30+ countries into one unified team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
We are looking for a talented visual designer with agency or in-house design team experience. You have crafted imaginative advertising campaigns , defined design systems and collaborated with talented content owners. Come join our distributed team of creatives and help us build a fun, quirky and memorable brand.
Please note that a portfolio is mandatory for consideration. We appreciate your understanding.
This is a distributed role to be located in one of our entity countries including (and in no particular order) USA, Canada, the Netherlands, UK, Germany, France, Switzerland, Sweden, Norway, Spain, Denmark, Hong Kong, South Korea, Japan, Australia, or Singapore.
What You Will Be Doing:
Develop promotional campaigns - Work closely with our Product Marketing, Demand Generation and Content teams to develop and design campaigns to promote Elastic the company, build our brand as well as promoting our products.
Evolve our design system - From icons, typography and color palette to illustration and photography, you will know how the pieces come together and why. Enforce design standards, curate asset libraries and enforce brand integrity.
Support internal partners - through clear guidelines, assets and creative problem solving.
- This can include both internal and external initiatives like events, product launches, training and company culture.
What You Will Bring:
- 6+ years of working as part of design teams at creative agencies or in-house. This is not an entry-level or associate role.
- You have strong art skills. You must be a doodler and a storyteller. Concept sketches are a must when working with our content team and copywriters. Icons? No problem, you’ve been there and done that.
- Strong portfolio with examples of advertising campaigns, design systems and asset creation. Breadth is important to us. (mandatory)
- You have mastered all the usual Adobe tools, such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign. Mandatory emphasis on Illustrator.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate effectively in small and large groups and defend your design decisions.
- Prior experience working in the technology industry. You enjoy learning about new technologies and are able to collaborate with Product Marketers as well as Product Managers and Engineers.
- Understand business goals, product roadmaps and user insights to translate into clear design priorities for yourself.
- We also use Sketch to design web pages and ads. Yes, presentation tools like Keynote will be used.
- Stay current with the latest design and technology trends across web, desktop, and mobile platforms, and adopt modern techniques as appropriate.
- Ability to uphold responsiveness and collaboration in a remote environment. You are an organized self starter with strong communication skills. Being part of a distributed team requires proactive communication and sometimes even oversharing.
- Experience with animation/video production process. Working with writers to develop storyboards.
- After Effects: You enjoy bringing stories to life with animation. Maybe just fun, animated gifs. It’s all good.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Global minimum of 16 weeks parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do
- Distributed-first company with Elasticians in over 30 countries, spread across 18 time zones, and speaking over 30 languages!
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
Apply for this Position