Fastly helps the world’s most popular digital businesses keep pace with their customer expectations by delivering fast, secure, and scalable online experiences. Businesses trust Fastly to accelerate the pace of technical innovation, mitigate evolving threats, and scale on demand. Founded in 2011, Fastly powers online destinations including Airbnb, GitHub, Alaska Airlines, Pinterest, Vimeo, The Guardian, and The New York Times.
The worldwide cloud services market is projected to grow rapidly to $236 billion in 2020, according to Forrester, Inc. As more and more businesses move operations to the cloud, Fastly is well positioned to continue increasing CDN, cloud networking and cloud security market share with edge cloud services that reach beyond content delivery.
We’re building a better Internet. Come join us.
Technical Account Manager
Our customers are interested in optimizing their product delivery, global footprint, and user experience using the Fastly platform. You will be on the front lines of this adoption as a Fastly Technical Account Manager within the Fastly Revenue Organization. As a trusted customer advocate, the TAM will help organizations understand edge computing, CDN solutions, and how to efficiently migrate existing workloads to Fastly while linking technology with measurable business value. Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products and technical opportunities are required for shaping and executing a strategy to accelerate broad use of Fastly within strategic customers.
On the soft-skills side, moderate your communication and technical depth based on the audience. An ability to pick up on non-verbal communication and un-said drivers is an important attribute for a successful TAM.
At Fastly, we are looking for individuals who are passionate about technology and have an ongoing drive and capability to absorb and retain vast amounts of deep technical information.
What You'll Do
- As the resident Fastly architect for your customer, you are an extension of the customer’s technical team.
- Develop technical relationships with customers to build a deep understanding of their team, infrastructure, plans, and problems they are encountering.
- Post sales implementation of Fastly products, such as logging endpoints and VCL coding
- Investigate and recommend improvements to customers implementation and utilization of Fastly’s technology stack
- Work hands-on with internal teams and customers on any support requests or problems for assigned customers, driving escalation as necessary depending on severity.
- Look for opportunities to introduce new Fastly products that compliment the customer’s needs.
- Organize and participate in regularly scheduled customer meetings on-site and by video/phone as necessary, including cadence calls and Quarterly Business Review meetings
- Create and maintain Customer Runbooks
- Responsible for tracking and reporting on the health of your customer accounts, providing regular updates to Client Services leadership.
- Complete analysis and present periodic reviews of operational performance to customer leadership.
What We're Looking For
- 5 + years Pre-Sales or Post-Sales experience in Sales Engineering, Web Development, Customer facing DevOps Engineer, Technical Account Management, Solutions Architect
- Understanding of networking, including, BGP, internet routing, and the difference between transport and peering
- Understanding of HTTP/s, TCP, TLS, DNS
- Hands-on experience with Linux and scripting languages/tools (Python, Sed, Awk)
- Strongly prefer experience as an Infrastructure Architect
- A background of successful large technical project implementation as a technical expert or PM
- Empathy and understanding of the customer.
- Comfort level with presenting and leading customer presentations and training
- Superior interpersonal and project management skills
- Excellent writing, verbal, critical thinking & analytical skills.
- Capable and willing to travel for customer meetings as necessary.
- While most duties will be performed during normal business hours, there is an occasional requirement for a flexible schedule as necessary based on customer needs.
- Experience with Varnish, VCL
- Streaming video/audio technologies or experience in e-commerce technologies/solutions
- Experience looking for opportunities to fill customer gaps to compliment their goals and future needs.
- Experience in the CDN or cloud computing industries.
We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
We love distributed teams. Fastly’s home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is in our DNA.
We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits like up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, and an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful -- every day.
We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we’re not ‘one size fits all’. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they are passionate about.
We’re always looking for humble, sharp, and creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit please apply!
Fastly is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and to providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Employment decisions at Fastly are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Fastly encourages applicants from all backgrounds.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Fastly. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.