At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Beats, and Logstash — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. We unite Elasticians across 30+ countries (and counting!), 18 timezones, and 30 different languages into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
As Elastic rapidly grows, the Deal Desk within Sales Finance provides strategic, cross-functional and comprehensive assistance to sales contracting and financial compliance, process enhancements, and building scalable solutions that help our sales team and leadership make informed decisions, with a focus on streamlining global efforts across the business.
- Act as a business leader and partner to Sales and Finance in developing strategies for complex deals with a focus on financial and revenue compliance
- Create and lead EMEA geographic Deal Desk support framework
- Enforce and manage approvals for non-standard deals and effectively collaborate across Sales, Finance, and Legal
- Serve as a trusted adviser to sales executives and their teams on pricing, product configuration, and business terms to support sales efforts
- Strong presence and communication with Sales and Finance leadership
- Ability to lead sales enablement, deal optimization, profitability and strategic positioning
- Drive and execute decision reviews, approvals, and executing across competencies (quoting, legal, revenue, etc.)
- Collaborate and work with global Deal Desk leadership to deliver consistent and exceptional support to our sales organization
- Assess and define long term strategy for the Deal Desk team and business
- High-energy, team-first attitude: motivated to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment to help our growing business
- Experience leading and managing global and/or geographic Deal Desk function supporting the Sales team
- Propose and define complex deal structures
- Assess Financial and revenue risk on non-standard deals and understand and embed financial/legal compliance
- Propose and incorporate custom terms and legal edits into order forms and contract documents
- Coordinate and manage cross-departmental approvals outside of standard systematic workflow
- Maintain and update playbook of deal types for different offerings for pre-approved non-standard selling scenarios
- Maintain and update repository of legal language templates for non-standard deals for specific offerings
- Understand and enforce revenue recognition policies across all deals
What You Bring Along:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related competency
- At least 3 years of experience in Sales Operations, Channel Operations, Deal Desk, or related
- Strong attention to detail while multi-tasking
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- High proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Salesforce.com (CPQ a plus)
- Revenue and Go-to-Market knowledge and/or experience regarding SaaS or similar business models
- German/Dutch/French fluency is highly preferred
We're looking to hire team members invested in realizing the goal of making real-time data exploration easy and available to anyone. As a distributed company, we believe that diversity drives our vibe! Whether you're looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
Apply for this Position