This job was found on GreenhouseView Original
Title: EMEA GSI Alliance Sales Director
Reports to: VP Global OEMs, Partners and Channels
Location: EMEA office or home based (Preference for London, Paris)
Partners and Global System Integrators (GSI) play a crucial role in Canonical growth plans in the coming 3 years.
Reporting to the VP Global OEMs, Partners and Channels, the GSI Alliance Director will be responsible for helping partners to thrive and grow their business with Canonical solutions and services.
Our Alliance Director will work closely with Canonical strategic partners throughout their sales cycles and across their sales organizations to facilitate ubuntu based solutions and opportunities, as well as help GSI build long term digital transformation platforms with ubuntu stacks and services..
Our Partner Sales Director is responsible for building trusted relationships with partners, increase Canonical market share and attach rate, evangelize about the partnership and lead all business interactions from engineers to CxO level. The incumbent will animate many customer workshops, sales event, public presentations and executive engagements.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Build strategic relationships with partners at levels, and stickiness with Ubuntu technology
• Deep understanding of linux and cloud software ecosystem, and opensource selling models
• Negotiate contracts and commercial business terms.
• Deep understanding of partner organizations and sales models, in particular with Global System Integrators
• Work closely with marketing, sales engineering and product management to deliver on targets, objectives and provide a voice of the partner
• Lead executive interlocks between partners and Canonical leadership team
• Ability to travel - sometimes internationally - up to 40% of the time.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• 15yrs+ experience in alliance or indirect sales management roles
• Autonomous, disciplined, hands-on, get-it-done mentality
• Ability to capture customer requirements, evaluate gaps, identify and create opportunities
• Passionate about Ubuntu products and mission
• Comfortable in fast-paced and high pressure environments with ambitious achievement goals
• Extensive experience with OpenStack, virtualization, containers and other Cloud technologies.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills