Fastly helps the world’s most popular digital businesses keep pace with their customer expectations by delivering fast, secure, and scalable online experiences. Businesses trust Fastly to accelerate the pace of technical innovation, mitigate evolving threats, and scale on demand. Founded in 2011, Fastly powers online destinations including Airbnb, GitHub, Alaska Airlines, Pinterest, Vimeo, The Guardian, The New York Times and Ticketmaster.
The worldwide cloud services market is projected to grow rapidly to $236 billion in 2020, according to Forrester, Inc. As more and more businesses move operations to the cloud, Fastly is well positioned to continue increasing CDN, cloud networking and cloud security market share with edge cloud services that reach beyond content delivery.
We’re building a better Internet. Come join us.
As a Solutions Architect, you will become a strong technical resource with Fastly’s products. You will use your skills, curiosity, and passion to support our growth market customers, provide guidance to our Solutions Engineers, as well as contribute to our internal and public documentation.
You will provide insight into the configuration of Fastly services during proof of concept engagements, customer on-boarding, and ongoing Professional Service Activities. Partnering with the Sales and Sales Engineering teams from scoping at the beginning of and throughout the engagement. Providing clear communication at all times.
You will also deliver cross team mentorship to Client Services Teams and new hires, assist in supporting end-to-end client facing concerns and plan for future business growth.
The Solutions team is part of Fastly’s excellent Client Services Department which provide engineering assistance and resources to external clients. This role reports directly to the Sr. Manager of Solutions.
What You'll Do
- Exceed customer expectations by quickly and efficiently onboarding the customer and helping them innovate at the edge
- Participate in and guide customers during the presales and post-sales process with respect to edge architecture and implementation
- We love our customers! Improve customer experience through effective diagnosis, resolution, and VCL configuration, and apply continuous-improvement to those processes over time
- Collaborate with Senior and Principal Architects, providing architectural mentorship to support small to medium technical projects, systems integration, and solution implementation
- Effectively communicate with all levels of peers and management in areas related to solution architecture and future technical strategy
- Always growing! Mentor, train, and learn from other specialists within the Client Service organization
- Contribute to publicly viewable collateral, such as help guides, blog or community posts
What We're Looking For
- 3+ years working with HTTP request/response protocols and related troubleshooting tools and techniques (curl, dig, tcpdump, etc.)
- 3+ years experience with DNS and network routing protocols (OSPF, BGP, and the concept of anycast)
- Fundamental knowledge of TLS, QUIC, and other security controls
- Understanding and experience of cloud technologies, from both IaaS and PaaS providers
- Hands on experience in one or more of the following languages: Ruby, Python, Perl, Go, VCL
- Strong technical background combined with sales/customer focus
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to translate complex solutions and features into easily digestible guidance for the client
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent
What You Might Have
- 8+ years of broad solution experience with the CDN, cloud, or managed service provider
- Experience building or using logging platforms to analyze real time events
- We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
- We love distributed teams. Fastly’s home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is in our DNA.
- We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits, like generous parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, and an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
- We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to a being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful -- every day.
- We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we’re not ‘one size fits all’. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they are passionate about.
Fastly provides equal employment opportunity without regard to an applicant’s race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Fastly. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Apply for this Position