This position is remote based.
At GitLab, developers are independent and self-organized individual contributors who work together as a tight team in a remote and agile
Most backend developers work on all aspects of GitLab, building features, fixing bugs, and generally improving the application. The Manage team works on the backend part of GitLab for the Manage product category. Among other things, this means working on GitLab's functionality around user, group and project administration, authentication, access control, and subscriptions.
- You have worked on a production-level Ruby application, preferably using Rails (this is a strict requirement).
- Experience with other technologies a plus.
- You can reason about software, algorithms, and performance from a high level.
- You are passionate about open source.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Self-motivated and have strong organizational skills.
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
The compensation calculator for this job can be found here.