Fastly helps the world’s most popular digital businesses keep pace with their customer expectations by delivering fast, secure, and scalable online experiences. Businesses trust Fastly to accelerate the pace of technical innovation, mitigate evolving threats, and scale on demand. Founded in 2011, Fastly powers online destinations including Airbnb, GitHub, Alaska Airlines, Pinterest, Vimeo, The Guardian, and The New York Times.
The worldwide cloud services market is projected to grow rapidly to $236 billion in 2020, according to Forrester, Inc. As more and more businesses move operations to the cloud, Fastly is well positioned to continue increasing CDN, cloud networking and cloud security market share with edge cloud services that reach beyond content delivery.
We’re building a better Internet. Come join us.
Product Manager - Delivery of Edge Cloud Services
The Product Manager for Delivery of Edge Cloud Services will be the business owner for a variety of Fastly products, services and technologies that determine how the Fastly Edge Cloud platform services are delivered to Fastly customers and accessed by their users. In addition to the well rounded set of business and communication skills required for successful product management, a successful candidate for this position will need substantial experience in how high performance Internet-scale cloud services are built and operated. A solid working knowledge in key subjects such as data center technologies, network engineering and Internet protocols will be critical to effective communication with both the engineering teams and customers.
What You'll Do
- Identify, analyze, quantify and prioritize opportunities for new markets, product features, technologies and innovations in how Fastly’s edge cloud services are delivered to customers and users.
- Manage the end-to-end product lifecycle of Fastly products, initiatives and technologies including ideation, definition, development, testing, go-to-market, operations, and end-of-life.
- Develop and convey your vision through product roadmaps, working closely with product leaders, executives, engineering and other stakeholders to participate in all levels of planning.
- Successfully lead initiatives cross-functionally by building trusted working relationships throughout the company including marketing/PR, engineering, operations, customer support, legal, finance, sales and other stakeholder teams.
- Be the subject matter expert and evangelist for your product/technologies, internally and externally.
- Be the champion for our customers’ interests internally, making and influencing decisions about product features, priorities, functionality, design, and architecture with the goal of increasing customer value always at the center.
- Develop and implement pricing strategies for products, including cost analysis and competitive pricing assessments.
- Gather relevant data and metrics for a product, set measurable and progressive goals using data, and drive achievement of goals and metrics in collaboration with business and technical stakeholders.
- Be an ambassador for Fastly as an advocate of the platform, a content author, a speaker and active in the standards community for visibility, credibility and a voice in the industry.
What We’re Looking For
We are looking for a self-starter with a natural affinity for the details of complicated systems and projects while remaining focused on the larger vision, great interpersonal and communication skills and a passion for learning, doing, contributing and growing with the Product team and the company.
- 5+ years of experience in networking, datacenter and/or related technologies and businesses.
- 3+ years Product Management experience in a software-centric industry. Experiences in other business and technical roles whose skills are applicable to Product Management will be considered.
- In depth knowledge of Internet technologies, standards and protocols such as, but not limited to, IPv4/v6, TCP/UDP, TLS, HTTP, DNS, and BGP.
- Familiarity with the technical and business aspects of building and operating a worldwide network of high availability and high capacity data centers.
- Experiences with a variety of web applications, services and related technologies such as content delivery networks, distribution of on-demand and streaming audio/video content, and cloud services will be a plus.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to think tactically and strategically to craft a compelling product vision that both meets customer demand and aligns with strategic initiatives.
- Ability to understand the needs of, and communicate effectively with, a large variety of stakeholder teams throughout the company to secure buy-in for new initiatives.
- Comfortable with developing multiple pricing and business models including usage based, subscription, and transactional models.
- Experience with customer facing engagements and presentations.
- Have a get-stuff-done attitude, positive energy, and thrive in a fast paced environment.
- You are passionate about technology, can keep up with the latest trends in the field and aware of how they impact your roadmap.
- Disciplined organization skills with acute attention to detail and ability to ask the questions nobody else has asked.
We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
We love distributed teams. Fastly’s home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is in our DNA.
We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits like up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, and an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful -- every day.
We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we’re not ‘one size fits all’. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they are passionate about.
We’re always looking for humble, sharp, and creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit please apply!
Fastly is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and to providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Employment decisions at Fastly are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Fastly encourages applicants from all backgrounds.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Fastly. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.