Help us grow our Litigation and Legal Operations team!
The Litigation and Legal Operations team at Stripe is growing! We’re looking for an experienced litigation paralegal to join us either in Seattle or as a remote employee! You will be the first paralegal on this fantastic team and will help grow the function from the ground up! We work on complex technical and legal problems every day, and we’re excited to have a paralegal join the team.
This position has broad responsibility and scope and involves, among other things, a wide variety of litigation, legal operations and other legal matters. The successful candidate will be detail-oriented and eager to learn and grow and will be able to prioritize, juggle competing priorities, and be extremely responsive in a fast-paced environment, all while maintaining excellent relationships with internal clients.
In this role you will:
- Handle escalations from our internal teams relating to any inquiries from merchants and third parties.
- Support the Litigation team on any pre-litigation and litigation matters, including assisting legal counsel in managing data preservation, collection, review and production procedures, as well as general case management.
- Conduct any fact-finding investigations to gather information and data responses to discovery and any regulatory agency requests.
- Collaborate with members of the Legal team, as well as other internal Stripe teams, to ensure that internal systems work well with discovery procedures.
- Supervise document retrieval and document production, coordinating with internal and external legal counsel.
- Identify opportunities and contribute to projects related to process improvement to increase efficiencies.
- Develop and manage ongoing execution of programs and processes necessary to manage legal operations.
You might be a fit if you have:
- 6+ years experience of litigation support experience as a Paralegal or Legal Assistant at a law firm or in-house legal department.
- Experience working with complex electronic discovery, regulatory investigations and general litigation.
- A Bachelor’s degree.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to review and organize numerous documents in complex legal matters.
- Skillful project management sills with the ability to handle multiple, high priority projects in a highly demanding environment.
- The ability to effectively communicate with colleagues, both on the legal team and in the rest of the company, clearly and concisely.
- The ability to learn new software systems and tools.
- An extremely responsive and a collaborative team player mentality.
- Excellent judgment and demonstrated discretion handling time sensitive work.
- Worked on a wide variety of projects, learned new things, and directed your own work from day to day.
- Strong organizational skills with demonstrated attention to detail.
- And are passionate about Stripe's mission of helping businesses grow and thrive.
Apply for this Position
- Include a resume and LinkedIn profile.