Help Stripe grow!
Stripe is a technology company that builds economic infrastructure for the internet. Businesses of all sizes—from new startups to public companies like Amazon and Salesforce—use our software to accept online payments and run technically sophisticated financial operations in more than 100 countries. By helping businesses accept payments from anywhere in the world and accelerating the economic shift from offline to online, we aim to increase the GDP of the internet.
We’re looking for a Taxonomy Specialist to join our Talent Pipelines team. We’re a small but mighty team, aiming to accelerate Stripe’s hiring through researching and attracting high-quality candidates to Stripe recruiters. In this role, you’ll create and maintain a classification system for our open roles and great talent leads for those roles, and act as an subject-matter expert and team consultant on our talent database. Through this work, you’ll pioneer a new approach to hiring, which will shape the future of our company.
- Build a new strategy for efficient hiring, using industry best practices, data, but also a creative approach
- Create and publicize a labeling system for sourced candidates, based on their skills and interests
- Manage and maintain an evergreen database of tech talent for Stripe
- Coach, advise, and mentor your team members as they use the talent database
- Analyze data and trends around Stripe’s open roles and our ability to find great talent for those roles, identifying opportunities for improvement in how we hire
Our ideal candidate:
Apply for this position
- Has 5+ years of experience working in information architecture, databases, dictionaries, or large-scale classification systems
- Is persistent, patient, and obsessive about details
- Loves working with data, and is eager to get creative with metrics and to turn insights into action; ideally also has used SQL, Tableau, or other big-data analysis tools
- Embraces curiosity and problem solving mindset; able to learn quickly about new roles, markets, or profiles and translate those effectively into structured data
- Is interested in people and their stories, and wants to build a hiring approach that can make a difference to the tech talent market