A great user experience is one of our top priorities here at Resource Guru. We believe it’s the most important ingredient for successful software that’s loved by its users - and we love being loved. We are looking for an outstanding QA Analyst to help deliver a fantastic quality, secure product to our customers. You must be highly experienced and able to work autonomously.
What You’ll Be Doing
- You will be responsible for monitoring quality and act as a vocal customer representative when it comes to UX.
- Work closely with the Product Owner, designers and the engineering team to understand specifications, designs and the overall product vision and ensure the product conforms to them and technology best practices.
- You will fully understand the product and know exactly how it should be working across all devices.
- Conduct manual, exploratory and possibly automated testing of our application and track bugs through to resolution.
- Help coordinate releases to production.
- Maintain a test case repository - ensuring it’s always up-to-date with succinctly written cases.
- Manage crowdsourced QA when appropriate.
- Develop the overall QA strategy and implement new testing processes where appropriate.
- Help with backlog grooming from time to time.
- You must be excited about initially being a QA department of one; with a view to helping to grow the team in the longer term.
What We’re Looking For
- Minimum 2 years experience as a software tester - preferably within SaaS.
- Discerning - the best products aren’t created by just making sure things work. They are also a result of making sure things look great! You will have a sharp eye for things that don’t look good. This means that you need to be a discerning person in life. You know what good design looks like and you choose things based on their design (as well as functionality).
- Usability knowledge - you will know a lot about usability best practices and be able to point out when things don’t work well. Eg, when a form field should be auto-focused or when a link hit state is too small etc etc.
- Technical knowledge - you have a basic understanding of HTML and web technologies. You know your way around a browser, eg how to clear cookies, how to view errors in the console etc. You have a basic insight into what might be causing bugs.
- Accessibility - you will have basic knowledge of accessibility and a thirst to learn more about it.
- You will know that straying off the happy path is one of the most important aspects of delivering high quality software. Along with ensuring edge cases are handled gracefully.
- You will have an uncanny ability to break things, root out hidden issues and find bugs that other, mere mortals, just wouldn’t spot.
- You will have experience of using automated testing tools.
- Tireless gatekeeper - you will be able to resist the fatigue of failing tests again and again until they meet your standards.
- You must be a crystal clear communicator with excellent English - this is critical to the efficiency we need.
What We’re Offering
Apply for this Position
- A great salary (negotiable)
- Stock options
- Work from anywhere you like (with at least 4 hrs overlap with GMT business hours) - coworking space will be provided if necessary
- 33 days paid holiday per year (including any public holidays)
- Day off on your birthday :)
- Flexible hours
- Monthly exercise contribution - but use it for anything you like