This position is remote.
Senior product marketing managers are leaders and bring deep expertise in a specific domain. Through your leadership, experience, and insight, you will position GitLab to address business challenges, contribute to the product strategy, and provide thought leadership. You will be expected to prioritize and manage your work with minimal guidance from leadership or other product team members.
- At least 6 years enterprise software marketing experience, including 4 directly in product marketing.
- Deep understanding of Agile and DevOps methodologies across the entire Software Development Lifecycle, especially in large enterprise environments.
- Extensive experience in at least one of the following domains/areas (portfolio management, requirements management, agile project management, source code management, continuous integration, quality management, application security, continuous delivery, containers, kubernetes, release management, or application performance monitoring)
- Outstanding English communication skills with the ability to explain and translate complex technical concepts into simple and intuitive communications.
- Able to coordinate across many teams and iterate and deliver in a fast-moving startup environment.
- Proven ability to be self-directed and work with minimal supervision.
- Data-driven, use data to measure results and inform decision making and strategy development.
- Experience with Software-as-a-Service offerings and open core software a plus.
- Experience designing sales collateral from scratch based on sales conversations, sales calls, product interviews, user interviews, market research, and your own experience.
- You share our values and work according to those values.
- Develops and implements GTM strategies and campaigns in partnership with sales, growth, digital, and content marketing.
- Researches and supports pricing and packaging decisions in order to meet market demands and needs.
- Defines and leads market research projects into specific market segments.
- Ability to travel about 35% during a six month period
Who, Where and Why
- Research and define our enterprise buyer and user personas, their specific needs, challenges, and goals that we can help address.
- Research, document, and operationalize particular customer use cases and problems that GitLab solves.
- Identify and define the key value drivers which differentiate GitLab in the market.
- Partner with sales, product management, customer success, and engineering teams to refine and evolve our product roadmap.
- Develop product marketing collateral such as website pages, blogs, white papers, webinars, videos, decks, and data sheets supporting the buyer's journey communicating the value of GitLab.
- Participate and contribute to field and industry events as a GitLab evangelist and thought leader.
- Develop and deliver product, market, and industry-specific enablement to the GitLab sales team and partners.
- Create campaign messaging and content as required to support ongoing marketing initiatives.
- Develop strong relationships with analysts and regularly brief them about GitLab’s unique value proposition.
- Document and demonstrate GitLab value in analyst market research reports.
- Support the development of customer case studies and webinars that help to demonstrate the value of GitLab for our customers.
- Participate and support win/loss analysis to understand why we win, where we win, who to target, and what to avoid.
- Support research into competitive threats and challenges to understand how to position GitLab in a rapidly changing market.
- Research and track overarching market trends and patterns that influence our ability to compete.
To view the full job description and its compensation calculator, view our handbook. The compensation calculator can be found towards the bottom of the page.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
Apply for this Position