Hiring: Project Manager for two online businesses (full time/ Southern Oregon preferred but not required)
First, a few questions...
- Are you a Type A and proud of it?
- Do you use systems and checklists even in your personal life?
- Are you always coming up with ways to be more efficient?
- Are you a competent personality wrangler? In other words, you get along well with others, but you also know how to inspire the team to get things done as well as coach others towards improvement in a kind and effective way.
- Do you love watching from the back of the stage, knowing that the show was able to go on because of all your behind-the-scenes work?
If you answered yes to the above questions, then this might be the role for you.
Sylvie McCracken International is a business coaching firm focused on helping health professionals create their first $100k in passive income online with their information products. Hollywood Homestead is other business which focuses on helping countless people with their digestive health through our information products and supplements. We've got a ton of exciting new projects in the works...so many that we need a hand to get them all done.
We are looking for an experienced project manager to organize and oversee the daily operations of our company.
Because this is a key position and has a wide range of responsibilities, we’re searching for the best and the brightest...someone with a thorough knowledge of managing all aspects of a coaching company. This position has high expectations - but if you’re the person we’re looking for then you’re already motivated by high expectations!
This is a full time role that reports directly to our CEO while also working closely with other key members of our team. It will require a mix of remote and in-person time (Ashland, OR). It does not require that you’re located in Ashland, but you need to be willing and able to travel occasionally to Greensboro.
99% of the time we keep a pretty reasonable 9-5 Monday through Friday schedule. However during last minute crunch times as a team player you may need to roll up your sleeves on an evening or weekend to take a project to completion.
Who We Are
Sylvie McCracken International LLC is a woman-owned, woman-operated company. Our mission is to empower health professionals to create passive income online, free up their time and make a much larger impact in the world than they could ever do with 1:1 consults. We do this by delivering top-notch business training in the form of coaching programs, live events, a newsletter and online-based communities. We have a growing audience of 30,000 health professionals and are on a mission to serve as many people as possible.
What We Believe In
Personal responsibility is paramount. We are committed to radical personal responsibility, that means admitting when you’re wrong or when you’ve made a mistake. It also means be loud and proud about your accomplishments and contributions and not downplaying them.
Honor thy customer.Our customers have entrusted us with their big dreams and we honor that trust by providing the very best customer experience possible and are always looking for new ways to surprise and delight our clients. We are 100% committed to serving our customers at the highest level with the full respect and quality they deserve.
Do epic things.We are committed to making things happen. We’re a team of doers, and when we come up against a roadblock we’re quick to find and decide on a solution to make sure we keep pedaling forward.
If you’re not growing you’re dying. We are committed to constantly improving and innovating. We refuse to stay stagnant and are always coming up with new, outside-the-box ideas that will blow our customers away and take our company to the next level. We value and nurture creativity in our team.
We like our standards the way we like our spirits: high. While we create and produce a large amount of projects each year, we never compromise the quality of our work. Attention to detail is crucial in every task to ensure we are always producing the best content, events, training and experiences possible.
Ride or die. Being part of a small team means that at times we are all hands on deck. You’ll never hear anyone on the team say “that’s not my job.” Each of us shares a can-do, everything has a solution attitude. We are all in on this mission together.
There is always room for improvement. Our team members are committed to education and growth. You’ll have access to the online training, books and workshops you need to ensure you have the resources to assist you in getting the job done.
Werk your strengths. Every day you’ll be working in your strengths and doing things you love to do — managing exciting and fast moving projects and our people. You’ll be working smart, having fun and getting paid for it!
Laughter is mandatory. We work hard and we play hard and we share a lot of laughs along the way. If you’re not having fun, what is the point? We’re a family, and having an environment where you can be yourself and have a good time is one of the many things we pride ourselves on. Our founder and CEO tends to quote hip hop and gangsta rap (yes, even and especially on client calls), so… bonus points if that’s your jam, too. ;)
Duties and Responsibilities
- You will collaborate with the CEO in setting and driving project outcomes, deadlines and specific tasks that are required to make a project happen.
- You will oversee team productivity via project management software ensuring deadlines are met
- You will resolve issues effectively—seeing real problems, being comfortable with conflict, calling out the problems, and solving the problems in a practical and healthy manner.
- You will ensure that everyone is truly following, and adhering to, the company’s core processes and operating systems with consistency.
- You will coach, motivate, engage, and hold team members accountable in all aspects of operations.
- You will oversee customer support processes and organize them to enhance customer satisfaction.
- You will evaluate regularly the efficiency of business procedures according to organizational objectives and apply improvements.
- You will test everything, serving as the final check before projects “go live.” with I’s dotted and T’s crossed.
- You will be responsible for knowing if the work being delivered by the team is on brand and of appropriate quality and meeting deadlines.
As we’re looking for an ideal fit, our new project manager will likely possess what we’ve listed below:
- 1+ years project management with a team of at least 6 people
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), with the ability to effectively present information to all levels in the organization.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload of self and others.
- Demonstrated strong business judgment and decision-making skills.
- Strong manager of teams.
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail with an emphasis on accuracy.
- Proven ability to lead & influence others.
- Critical thinking, analytical & problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of project management principles & practices.
- Approaches each day with a sense of urgency and purpose.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor, coach and provide direction to a team of employees.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at any one time.
- Operate in a fast moving environment and adhering to deadlines while producing high quality work each and every time.
- Be able to work autonomously and stay focused on the job at hand.
- Understand the big picture of each project and the company, but also be able to drill deep into each project to establish what needs to be done and when.
- Passion for working with others (being collaborative) and helping our team members grow and learn.
- Ability to handle, direct and provide straight-forward feedback.
- Technology savvy with the ability to jump into any software system and figure it out.
- Be a problem solver and think ahead to ensure any challenges don’t greatly impact project progress or outcomes.
This Position Is Not Right For You If You Are...
- Someone who wants to be an entrepreneur and run their own business. All our team members are “intrapreneurs.” You’ll have the freedom and flexibility to love what you do and be the best at your role, but if you want to run your own company in the near future then we are not for you.
- Someone who hasn’t read a business or marketing book or listened to a podcast or webinar in the last month. A passion for business and personal growth is essential and we all strive for personal and professional growth at every turn.
- Someone who has a lot going on already and don't have the time and focus to really dive in.
- Someone who isn't willing to sign a non-disclosure agreement.
- Someone who prefers to be front-facing in the business.
- Unwilling to turn off all personal notifications and distractions so you can dive in for chunks of focused uninterrupted time to tackle all of the above.
This Role Is Perfect For You If You...
- Love a challenge and are resourceful when it comes to figuring things out and making them happen.
- Can work alone and don’t need your hand held every step of the way.
- Have great attention to detail and can pull multiple pieces of a puzzle together (team and tasks).
- Can work under pressure where you might have three projects on the go with tight deadlines.
- Have exceptional communication skills when it comes to dealing with team members and customers.
- Know how to delegate tasks even if you could do them yourself.
- Have a can-do attitude. “That’s not in my job description” is a line we never use.
- Embrace every part of the business with energy and passion.
- Are super organized but can move quickly to ensure things get done effectively and efficiently.
- Are technology savvy.
- Can handle direct & blunt feedback.
Why This Job is Awesome
Working at Sylvie McCracken International, LLC is the exact opposite of being a corporate drone stuck in a cubicle. When you work with us, you’ll get:
- Experience in a fast-growing company where things change daily, new ideas come to life in a matter of weeks and everybody is fully invested, every single day.
- Your hands dirty learning advanced marketing, business operations, business strategy and sales techniques. Think of this like an MBA program...except that we pay you!
- The chance to stretch professionally. If there is a skillset or topic you’re interested in, this is the place to learn and challenge yourself.
- Your voice heard! Every one of our team members has the chance to give input, create value and make a big impact on the future of our company.
- A team behind you that is cheerleading you, supporting you, guiding you and championing you.
- Do your work from anywhere: your living room, the coffee shop, a hotel pool… As long as it’s getting done and getting done well, do you.
- Competitive compensation and paid time off, along with ample company paid holidays (take the week between Christmas and New Year’s off every year).
If you’ve read through this description - then you’re ready to take that next step if you think this may be the right fit for you. Now it’s time to take action and apply!
If you’d like to be considered for this role, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 1st with the following details:
- Step #1: Take the DISC assessment here.
- Step #2: Record a 1-3 minute video (iphone is fine!) telling us why you’d be the best fit for this position and where you live.
- Step #3: Respond to this post with…
- Your Assessment results from step #1
- A youtube unlisted link to your video from step #2
- Your resume
- Write the word “bacon” in the subject line (so we know you’ve read this job listing thoroughly
- Your desired monthly salary
Sylvie McCracken International, LLC is committed to honoring diversity on our team, in our clientele and within our community. We value and respect all types of diversity including, but not limited to, ethnicity, race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion and abilities. We believe that a diverse workplace makes our business stronger. We especially invite diverse candidates to apply.
We are not able to reply to everyone that applies but will contact you within a week if you’ve been selected to move to the next round in our hiring process.