This role is remote based in EMEA or APAC. We will not be filling this role with someone based in the Americas.
The Engineering Manager, Reliability
directly manages the engineering team relentlessly focused on GitLab.com's performant reliability, a team composed of DBRE
s and SRE
s. They see the team as their product. They may work on small features or bugs to keep their technical skills sharp and stay familiar with the code, but they emphasize hiring a world-class team and putting them in the best position to succeed. They own the delivery of product commitments and they are always looking to improve the productivity of their team. They must also coordinate across departments to accomplish collaborative goals.
- Hire an incredible team that lives our values
- Improve the happiness and productivity of the team
- Work on small features and bugs (nothing critical path)
- Own Incident and Change Management, RCA, and Error Budget Management
- Hold regular 1:1's with team members
- Manage agile projects
- Work across sections within engineering
- Improve the quality, security and performance of the product
- 2+ years managing software engineering teams
- Demonstrated teamwork in a peak performance organization
- Experience running a consumer scale platform
- Product company experience
- Enterprise software company experience
- Computer science education or equivalent experience
- Passionate about open source and developer tools
- Exquisite communication skills
- Leadership at GitLab
- Online community participation
- Remote work experience
- Startup experience
- Significant open source contributions
Engineering Manager, Infrastructure, have the following job-family performance indicators:
Learn more about the job, including compensation here.
Learn more about the team, including the team vision, key metrics, etc., here.