For all of us at Elastic, community matters. Our users and contributors have helped to ensure that Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats are more than just code — they are open source projects that people love to use, and love to talk about.
As our Student and Higher Education Program Manager you will champion our Elastic community – especially our student members of the community. Are you the kind of person who is invigorated by sharing technology goodness with the world and supporting the tech community? Is building and implementing community programs, and engaging with students and professors, your jam? This might just be your dream job. In this role, you will wake up each morning ready to fight the good fight and support the advocacy of Elastic's product line through building programs, collaborating with teams across functions, and other exciting challenges as required.
If you’ve read this far and think, “that's me!” then you probably won't need to read any further and we should have a conversation. But if you are in any doubt the type of experiences we’d love for you to have then the following should help clarify;
What You Will Be Doing:
- Build and implement a Student and Higher Education program from vision to reality based on Elastic’s goals, priorities, and Our Source Code.
- Handle deadlines, deliverables, and partners for our team’s ideas, projects, and programs related to education. This will include onboarding programs, qualification criteria, written content, and whatever else you dream up.
- Strategic thinker, with the ability to understand Elastic's core values and products. Has a sense of what products and solutions will resonate with university and higher education partners into effective community communications, programs, strategies, and plans.
- Deep understanding of higher education and the intersection of technology and students.
- Engage and activate students by participating in community events and outreach.
- Effectively and comfortably communicate with many different people in many different roles across a distributed team and community.
- Work with teams from Engineering, Sales, Education, and Marketing to help to connect users in higher education to those teams and their programs across the company.
- Organize goals by accepting ownership for new and different requests; explore opportunities to contribute to job accomplishments.
Who You Bring Along:
- 4+ years of program development and management in Education
- Demonstrated effectiveness in working with students from diverse ethnic, cultural, and economically underserved backgrounds
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- Self-starter with ability to work on multiple initiatives at the same time; excellent project management skills
- Bonus points: experience in tech, open source, developer advocacy
You are excellent at:
- Project management
- Process improvement
- Event coordination
- Relationship Building
- Being passionate about what you do
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Global minimum of 16 weeks parental leave (moms and dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
- Distributed-first company with Elasticians in over 30 countries, spread across 18 time zones, and speaking over 30 languages!
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
Apply for this Position