This position is remote based.
At GitLab, we are fundamentally changing the way our customers get their software to market by putting the entire DevOps lifecycle into a single application. With over 100,000 organizations using the product GitLab is one of the fastest growing companies in technology. We make our customers successful in achieving their business outcomes with the GitLab product as they move to truly modern DevOps. We know that our customers trust GitLab to take their ideas all the way from plan to shipped product in production. we take that responsibility seriously. We have an incredible existing and rapidly growing customer base, with a passionate and supportive open-source community, as well as incredibly talented teams located in 40 countries focused on supporting them.
We're looking for an experienced leader to lead Enterprise Sales globally. As Vice President, you will be responsible for bringing your strategic vision and innovative approach to leverage and build upon our high-performing sales team globally. Reporting to the Chief Revenue Officer, you will play a key role in driving leads, new and expansion revenue, service delivery, customer goals, and market expansion to deliver massive value to our customers and to GitLab.
If you have an action mindset and are excited by the idea of quickly scaling globally, this is a rare opportunity to join a bold, fast-moving, transparent, values-driven leadership team and company while engaging with some of the best partners in every geography in the world.
- Determine and drive the global enterprise sales strategy to build and grow GitLab’s presence and to achieve business targets.
- Leverage our current, outstanding sales team while also expanding and growing the team as part of our sales segmentation strategy. Manage a team of regional sales directors globally. Foster a successful and positive team environment.
- Define sales processes that drive desired sales outcomes and identify improvements where and when required. Put in place infrastructure and systems to support the success of the sales function
- Manage senior level customer relationships and participate in closing strategic opportunities when needed.
- Play a critical role in business planning, working closely with other senior executives to develop plans, resource requirements, and influence our long-term business strategy.
- Work cross-functionally with sales leaders, marketing and product teams to develop go-to-market strategies and execution. Lead ongoing analysis of business performance to support daily operations and quarterly business reviews.
- 15+ years of progressive, global enterprise sales leadership and operations experience within the software / open source / devops industry.
- Experience leveraging, building and managing enterprise sales teams globally; proven record of recruiting and enabling top talent.
- Experience selling to Fortune 500; willing to “roll up the sleeves’ and sell, and help teams close deals when needed.
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding performance objectives (revenue targets, pipeline targets, etc.)
- Experience utilizing CRM systems and marketing automation systems (such as salesforce, market, outreach etc.)
- Ability to exercise effective judgment, sensitivity, creativity to changing needs and situations
- Must be adaptable, professional, courteous, motivated and work well on their own or as a member of a team
- Ability to handle a fast-paced environment and challenging workload
- Ability to travel globally as needed
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
Apply for this Position