Professional Service Practice Managers will have a unique opportunity to define the future of the entire DevOps lifecycle. Working on a single application that allows developers to invent, create, and deploy modern applications.
We want to facilitate onboarding to Concurrent DevOps: users may not be aware of its potential, we will show them how easy and powerful it is! We want to support large teams working on mission-critical software across the entire company, and also single developers starting a new visionary project from scratch.
We work in a very unique way at GitLab, where flexibility and independence meet a high paced, pragmatic way of working. And everything we do is in the open.
We are looking for innovators that are excited by the idea to contribute to our vision. We know there are a million things we can and want to implement in GitLab. Be the one making decisions.
- Drive the product in the right direction
Build an effective roadmap to prioritize important features properly
Take high-level feature proposals and customer problems and break them into small iterations that engineering can work on
Balance new features, improvements, and bugfixes to ensure a high velocity and a stable product
Consider the business impact, ROI, and other implications when taking important decisions
- Take an active role in defining the future
- Manage the product lifecycle end-to-end
- Follow feature development end-to-end; provide guidance and feedback to engineers and designers; ensure everyone is aligned
Be the voice of the customer and the subject-matter expert for your group
- Contribute to documentation, blog posts, demos, and marketing materials for product features
Collaborate with other Product Managers, UX, and engineers in cross-area features to build a single application
Manage the uncertainty in an efficient way, adjusting plans to new working conditions
- Drive teams to acquire necessary data in order to back assumptions, show value, and drive prioritization
- Engage with stakeholders in two-way communication
Assist Sales, Support, Customer Success, and Marketing as the subject-matter expert for your area
Talk to customers and engage with the community regularly
- Engage with analysts on briefings and product evaluations
- Work with the entire Product team to share improvements and best practices
- Define, scope, and prioritize GitLab’s services and training offerings, including persona and market segmentation analysis, offering definition, scope, and pricing
- Collaborate with subject matter experts in the field, Product Management & Marketing, and instructional designers (as appropriate) to develop and deliver prioritized global services and training offerings, content, and sales & marketing collateral
- Ensure delivery model is focused on customer success outcomes while championing quality and efficiency
- Measure and report on the effectiveness of services and training enablement investments and programs
- Partner with sales team to drive bookings and closure of services and training engagements
- Ensure a robust closed feedback loop that embraces continuous improvement and iteration
- Identify and act on opportunities to improve the customer experience via innovative services/training offerings
- Build business case for additional services and training and enablement resources as needed
- Knowledge and familiarity with the Software Development Life Cycle and DevOps required (open source software knowledge and familiarity considered a plus)
- 3+ years relevant experience defining, developing, and executing customer services and/or training strategies, operations and action plans
- Ability to quickly understand technical concepts and explain them to customer and professional services audiences (mostly technical)
- Proven ability to effectively interact with and influence senior executives and team members
- Exceptional written/verbal communication and presentation skills
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills, skilled at project management and cross-functional collaboration
- Experienced in giving and receiving constructive feedback
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, unpredictable environment
- Share and work in accordance with GitLab's values
- Experience growing within a small start-up is a plus
You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
Candidates can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find her/his job title on our team page.
Qualified candidates will be invited to schedule a screening call with the Customer Success Recruiter
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a first interview with our Senior Director of Professional Services
- The next round will be a Peer interview with the Senior Solutions Managers
- A final Peer interview with the Director of Product, Ops.
- Finally, candidates may be asked to interview with the VP, Customer Success
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
Apply for this Position