Principle Field Solutions Developer - Puppet Enterprise
We are looking for a Principle Field Solutions Developer to join our Services Portfolio Team as we develop not only our tools to support customer success, but create educational and service delivery content. What does this mean exactly? It's a bit two-fold and great for those of you who enjoy technical and creative work! You will not only be in the weeds of technical solutions, but you will also can shine by providing others with your knowledge. Basically, our team builds learning materials so that our instructors and students are successful, and our professional services engineers have materials to aid them in helping our customers' succeed as well with new or updated services.
At Puppet, Services Portfolio team is in an exciting place where we are building the next generation of training and service offerings offered at Puppet. We are building brand new tools and entire courses. And we create new service offerings to accelerate the adoption of our products. This role is core in the content creation section of the team which enables our business readiness as Puppet continues to roll out new products and features. Now that Puppet has a portfolio of offerings, there is plenty of opportunity to dig in and become an expert, and then help others become experts. You will help bridge the gap between a published feature and a way for the community to learn about it!
As a Field Solutions Developer at Puppet, you will:
- Developing field solutions including service offerings, tooling, documentation, and training labs. (60% of time or more)
- Provide thoughtful well-sourced feedback to Products team around existing issues and new feature design (up to 10% of the time)
- Provide input on the field solutions roadmap, architectural considerations and design, and detailed task planning for field solutions work (up to 10% of the time)
- Work collaboratively with product managers and field technical resources to develop requirements, collect input on technical demos, tooling, and training labs. (up to 10% of time)
- Provide technical support and tooling of training delivery platforms. (up to 10% of time)
Who you will be collaborating with...
- A few seasoned engineers who develop tools and content (We are in regrowth and expansion)
- Educational content professionals who enjoy breaking down ideas into learning plans and help guide us engineers into creating approachable content.
- Very sharp Instructors--our instructors are very technical and many also perform engagements in the field for our customers.
- We also have a digital content sorceress who helps us create videos and professional graphics
- Great products folks on many teams that reach out to us as new features come along
Who are you?
- You are someone who isn't afraid of digging into code and learning products. You enjoy automation, codifying, and being part of a collaborate team of DevOps folks
- You enjoy challenge, you can dig in when things get tough with others who will jump in the trench with you
- You're an open communicator and like to share your ideas but can work independently to deliver a solution
- Maybe you're seasoned and want to try your hand and experience at creating some content to teach others? Or maybe you're young and hungry and want to learn as much as you can. Maybe you're somewhere in between. Those are all good with us.
- You're positive and like working with a small team in a big company. Our team is dispersed, so we try to stay chatty to keep it feeling more close-knit. You enjoy some of Puppet's core values like integrity and transparency, and like to get things done! Shipit!
- You have delivered professional services in the past so you understand the elements of a good offering
- You can pair up with another team member to QA each others work and engage with the field and customers to get feedback.
What valuable experience and skills will you bring to the table?
- 5+ years experience working with Puppet Enterprise or Open Source and cloud-native application development toolsets
- Intermediate to advanced experience using ruby, python or other high-level programming languages suitable to creating Puppet related tooling
- Requires logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Requires contact with others (face-to-face, by telephone, virtual meetings) and the ability to work and interact in a team and independently.
- Experience with agile development workflow
- Familiarity with AWS
- Experience with Puppet Enterprise is a requirement.
Bonus, but not required (shout about it in your application if you have experience)
- If you have CI/CD experience in Jenkins, CircleCI, Gitlab CI, TravisCI, or similar
- Enjoy writing and blogging
- Education delivery or development experience
- Have developed professional services offering components
- Have delivered professional services
- Experience with Atlassian suite (We are a Jira and Confluence shop)
P.S. Don't identify with this opportunity? Don't worry about it - let us know if you think this is the place for you.
Working for Puppet
Puppet’s core mission is to eliminate soul crushing work. We created the industry standard for managing infrastructure as code. And we didn’t stop there—our product portfolio has grown to help organizations automate across their entire software delivery lifecycle. With more than two-thirds of Fortune 100 companies using Puppet’s open source or commercial products, our code is helping power thousands of organizations across the world.
As the industry leader in DevOps solutions, we realize that our success is a collective effort; all made possible by the incredible people working here, our customers, partners, and Puppet community. Our culture is built on positivity, diversity, inclusivity and support—and we seek people who are resilient, entrepreneurial-minded, team players who continually strive to be incrementally better every single day. In our work together we aim to be curious, accountable, empathetic and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like the environment you’d thrive in, why not say hello?
Learn more about Puppet by checking out the values we live by and the awesome benefits and perks we offer employees!
Puppet is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact +1-877-575-9775 for assistance.