At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do phenomenal things with their data. From stock quotes to real time Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. The Elastic family unites employees across 30+ countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
The corporate legal team is looking for a Corporate Attorney to join our team in this fast growing, truly global company. This is primarily a work from home or your local co-working space position if you don't live by an office and we are focusing on lawyers located in the USA.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Assist the two existing corporate attorneys on a variety of work vital to the growth of our business, including finance, corporate governance, and more
- Assist in the preparation of corporate governance materials, including Board and Committee materials, policies, and charters
- Anticipate and identify changes in relevant laws and regulations, and develop and implement recommended actions
- Collaborate with other members of the legal, finance (tax, treasury, etc), HR, and operations teams to complete corporate finance, M&A and other strategic initiatives across 200 jurisdictions around the world
- Assist in ensuring compliance with SEC and NYSE rules and regulations
- Partner with co-workers who are sharp and motivated, combined with a company culture that is inclusive, stimulating, and unequaled
What You Bring Along:
You have excellent judgment, are able to balance competing demands on your time, independently function in a fast-paced environment, and can handle ambiguity and rapidly shifting priorities with flexibility, patience and humor. We’re looking for someone with the ability to learn quickly and enthusiastically, who is also effective at collaborating across multiple teams and building positive relationships.
Moreover, you have/are:
- Juris Doctor degree from a top law school
- Between approximately 5 and 8 years of corporate law experience in a top law firm and maybe even in-house (the latter is preferred, not mandatory)
- Eager to jump in and do whatever needs doing, whether or not it fits squarely in your area of expertise
- Excellent organizational skills, meticulously thorough, and proud to ensure nothing is missed
- Strong strategic and problem-solving capabilities
- The ability to prioritize and drive to results
- An excellent work ethic
- Unfailingly discreet, able to take care of confidential and often highly sensitive information with the utmost care
- Prior experience working in-house or onsite at a fast-growing or startup technology company (preferred, not mandatory)
- Prior experience with employment law (preferred, not mandatory)
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary.
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave (moms & dads).
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off.
- An environment in which you can balance satisfying work with a great life.
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
- Distributed-first company with Elasticians in over 30 countries, spread across 18 time zones, and speaking over 30 languages.
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
Apply for this Position