Fastly helps the world’s most popular digital businesses keep pace with their customer expectations by delivering fast, secure, and scalable online experiences. Businesses trust Fastly to accelerate the pace of technical innovation, mitigate evolving threats, and scale on demand. Founded in 2011, Fastly powers online destinations including Airbnb, GitHub, Alaska Airlines, Pinterest, Vimeo, The Guardian, and The New York Times.
The worldwide cloud services market is projected to grow rapidly to $236 billion in 2020, according to Forrester, Inc. As more and more businesses move operations to the cloud, Fastly is well positioned to continue increasing CDN, cloud networking and cloud security market share with edge cloud services that reach beyond content delivery.
We’re building a better Internet. Come join us.
Marketing Operations Manager
The Marketing Operations Manager will be responsible for marketing technology, administration, analytics, and strategy. You will evaluate, select, deploy, and customize marketing technology to improve the department’s ability to efficiently reach our audience at scale. You will ensure process is defined and adhered to with respect to use of marketing technology and budget management. Effective process leads to good data, so you’ll analyze marketing cost and result data to identify areas of the funnel which need attention, and which tactics are most effective across our audiences. Finally, you will advise marketing leadership on strategy as you ensure accountability and data-driven iterative improvements take place across the marketing department.
What You'll Do
- Multi-touch marketing attribution with Bizible for all online and offline customer interactions.
- Diagnose the marketing funnel in salesforce.com to reduce friction in our customers’ buying journeys.
- Lead scoring and automation to ensure the right person gets the right interaction at the right time.
- Partner with Sales Operations & Sales Development to analyze trends and provide insights to improve campaign effectiveness across the sales and marketing funnel.
- Webinar program management.
- Partner with Enterprise Systems team to evaluate, select, deploy, and customize new technology for the marketing department.
- Analyze marketing data and share insights across the department and company.
- Create and maintain reports and dashboards to report on marketing metrics.
- Define processes to enable accurate data collection of marketing investments and the results they deliver.
- Document processes, train marketing staff, and manage change as improvements to how we work are rolled out.
What We're Looking For
- Excellent project management skills; proven ability to execute successful projects with minimal guidance in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Experience with CRM and marketing automation tools (like SFDC, Eloqua or similar).
- Team-player; ability to establish trusted relationships with other Fastly team members.
- Comfortable contributing strategically as well as leading day-to-day tactical execution.
- Open, positive attitude towards change and personal development.
- Self-motivated and driven to make an impact.
- Clear, thoughtful communicator (verbal and written).
- At least 5 years of experience in a technical or analytical role, 10 years of total professional working experience
We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
We love distributed teams. Fastly’s home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is in our DNA.
We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits like up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, and an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful -- every day.
We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we’re not ‘one size fits all’. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they are passionate about.
We’re always looking for humble, sharp, and creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit please apply!
Fastly is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and to providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Employment decisions at Fastly are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Fastly encourages applicants from all backgrounds.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Fastly. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.