Chef expert? Join us to grow our automated infrastructure and help others on the team deliver infrastructure as code.
As a DNSimple Engineer, you are responsible for developing automation and managing risk for our mixed bare metal & cloud based infrastructure. This includes assisting development with application lifecycle management and growing our current platform to address the evolving requirements of our customers.
The Technical Operations Team:
- We are a fully distributed team of experienced professionals.
- We use Chef-Infra to manage all systems and Chef-Inspec to test our changes in CI/CD.
- We update and use our documentation rigorously to keep runbooks up to date.
- We automate wherever possible; documenting, understanding, and then removing manual procedures.
- We test our code, we use code review, and we ship multiple times a day.
- Build, maintain, & enhance the infrastructure for our applications and dependencies.
- Help deploy and manage our various application's lifecycles.
- Review resources usage, define changing capacity requirements, & tune where necessary.
- Maintain metric based montitors and attached runbooks to help the whole team rapidly triage & resolve issues.
- Update and clarify documentation, incident handling, and operational procedures.
- Communicate progress on projects with the DNSimple team through GitHub & Trello.
- Review other team members pull requests in a timely fashion.
- Answer customer support requests, helping customers achieve their goals and recording issues when changes need to be made to handle bugs or enhancements.
- Participate in our 24hr cycle incident management on-call rotation.
Apply for this Position
- Strong English comprehension and writing skills.
- Previous experience using Chef-Infra, Ubuntu, and PostgreSQL is required.
- Previous experience deployment Ruby web applications is required.
- Experience tuning and managing Linux system lifecycle is a must.
- Linux networking and software controlled BGP experience is preferred.
- Experience managing or developing Go or Erlang is a bonus.