At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Beats, and Logstash — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. We unite Elasticians across 30+ countries (and counting!), 18 timezones, and 30 different languages into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
We have recently implemented Workday and need an HRIS Analyst to help us support our global workforce. Partnering closely with HR, leadership and multi-functional teams, you’ll support our strategic approach to global HCM systems and administration.
If you thrive in ambiguity, adapt quickly to a changing environment, take a global view and have a passion for bringing people insights to the business, get ready to roll up your sleeves and dig in.
This role will be distributed and based in EMEA.
What You Will Be Doing:
This role requires proficiency in Workday, particularly with HCM and Absence modules. Your strong communications skills and your customer-centric perspective will enable you to deliver powerful tools to continue to move and scale our programs and organization.
Your areas of focus will include:
Projects & Enhancements
- Configure and administer all global HR systems, with an emphasis on Workday HCM and Absence Management modules.
- Partner with broader team to deliver process and system enhancements to improve the overall experience of the end user.
- Act as consultant to stakeholders in the development of project scope, offering technical expertise, solutions, considerations, and expected outcomes.
- Identify critical risks, issues, changes, problems or delays to the project teams, sponsors & steering committees and leadership as needed.
- Develop, manage, and maintain positive relationships with vendors, consultants project teams, business SMEs and other involved parties to address support and project activities.
- Ensure quality in the delivery of projects and enhancements by leading testing efforts, producing comprehensive documentation and adhering to change management process.
- Build strong relationships with project teams and partners, as subject matter expert and trusted advisor.
- Know when to escalate to your leadership chain, IT or to vendors.
System Maintenance & Optimization
- Provide support to end users by providing troubleshooting, issue remediation, technology request assistance and critical issue management.
- Support data-driven decisions by designing and delivering accurate and timely reports and data analysis.
- Ensure data integrity by adhering to and enforcing data architecture and governance models.
- Support and troubleshoot integrations to third party vendors.
- Identify areas of improvement, proposing enhancements and partnering with stakeholders to design solutions and action plans.
- Analyze system and data failures to identify and contribute to operational efficiency and control needs.
- Connect with our internal stakeholders to understand and manage the business problems they are solving and translate those into well documented, detailed deliverables.
- Monitor reoccurring issues, system/data or process gaps and actively identifies potential sources of increased efficiency and enhancements.
- Create and maintain internal HRIS standard operating procedures (SOPs) and communicate system functionality and processes through those standards.
- Participate in security activities for HR systems by partnering with vendors and Information Security as well as, maintaining and/or creating accurate security role permissions.
What You Bring Along:
- A real passion for fast-paced and dynamic environments, the ability to thrive in ambiguity and devote a diversified global view to all you do.
- A curious nature that wants to dive-in and solve complex, challenging problems.
- Possess intellectual curiosity, having the ability to see beyond what the customers want to deliver what they need.
- A proficiency in optimizing processes and programs with a keen understanding of the balance between structure and flexibility.
- Independent thinker, able to learn fast and comfortable taking calculated risks.
And some of the basics:
- 3-5 years of Workday experience, with emphasis in HCM and Absence Management (mandatory)
- Knowledge of Workday configuration standards and best practices (mandatory)
- Experience with data maintenance concepts and EIBs (mandatory)
- Prior experience deploying integrations to third party payroll is a plus.
- Prior experience with Workday Prism is a plus.
- Experience configuring time tracking is a plus.
- Testing experience (both end-to-end and user acceptance; mandatory)
- Project management skills (mandatory)
- Awesome Excel skills. No mouse needed
- Experience working in a global organization
- Strategic, critical thinker who isn’t afraid to get into the weeds; real passion for problem solving
- Ability to build effective work relationships at all levels of the organization, influence behavior, and lead change
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- High degree of integrity and honesty; ability to exercise confidentiality and neutrality in complex and sensitive situations
A sense of humor and ability to roll with the punches definitely a plus
We're looking to hire team members invested in realizing the goal of making real-time data exploration easy and available to anyone. As a distributed company, we believe that diversity drives our vibe! Whether you're looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
No contractors or external recruiters will be considered.