Stripe is looking for an experienced compliance professional to help build our regulatory compliance program. The role could either be based in Seattle or could be remote. In this role, you will coordinate with Stripe’s Legal team and second line functions, such as Financial Crimes, Security, Internal Audit and others, to (a) understand and document applicable regulatory requirements, (b) implement systems and processes for comprehensively tracking those requirements for each Stripe entity, and (c) monitor compliance to manage and meet regulatory expectations, governance and prioritization decisions.
Stripe is both a technology company and a financial services company, and you will need to be comfortable straddling both of those worlds every day. The right person for the role will enjoy dealing with that puzzle, seeking creative solutions and moving quickly, often in the face of ambiguity.
- Help design the processes and systems necessary to compile and document regulatory requirements around the world.
- Work with program owners to build scalable mechanisms and controls for tracking compliance with regulatory requirements / obligations.
- Work with internal audit to ensure that controls are documented and auditable.
- Help build a robust, scalable global program for reporting to regulators in each jurisdiction where Stripe is regulated.
- Hire and manage a team of regulatory compliance professionals to assist with these functions.
- Develop, implement and monitor a risk-based compliance program to assure compliance with federal, state, agency, legal and regulatory requirements.
- Evaluates the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, initiatives, products and internal controls and identifies issues resulting from internal and/or external compliance examinations.
- Consults with business to develop corrective action plans and effectively manage change to ensure regulatory compliance. Identifies training opportunities including creating training materials and delivering training.
- Coordinates production of periodic compliance performance reports for management/board, including trend analysis and recommended strategies.
- Coordinates site, agency or other examinations conducted by external parties.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 10+ years experience in compliance operations, spanning a diverse set of regulatory compliance responsibilities.
- Experience with licensed money transmission and money services business activities.
- Demonstrated experience executing on complex cross-company projects and building scalable programs.
- Experience working in a global financial services environment.
- Ability to work efficiently and independently in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with internal stakeholders.
- An effective and relatable “culture of compliance” mentality.
Apply for this Position
- Resume and LinkedIn profile.