Fastly helps people stay better connected with the things they love. Fastly’s edge cloud platform enables customers to create great digital experiences quickly, securely, and reliably by processing, serving, and securing our customers’ applications as close to their end-users as possible — at the edge of the internet. The platform is designed to take advantage of the modern internet, to be programmable, and to support agile software development.
Fastly’s customers’ use our edge cloud platform to ensure concertgoers can buy tickets to the live events they love, travelers can book flights seamlessly and embark on their next great adventure, and sports fans can stream events in real time, across devices. They include many of the world’s most prominent companies, including Spotify, Alaska Airlines, Hulu, The New York Times, and Ticketmaster.
We’re building a more trustworthy Internet. Come join us.
Senior Engagement Marketing Manager
Fastly’s Growth Marketing team is looking for a hardworking, curious, collaborative, and analytical marketer who can help prospects in their journey to becoming Fastly customers. The ideal candidate will have strong experience in lead nurturing, user journeys, and engagement metrics.
Do you seek a team where you can both learn from and teach your teammates? Most importantly, do you have deep empathy for technical people and a genuine desire to be of service to our current and future customers? If so, we’d like to meet you!
What You'll Do
- Build a cohesive nurture strategy from the ground up.
- Be an expert in Fastly’s audience and their preferences. Know how to be helpful and engaging to software developers, security practitioners, and IT executives.
- Analyze and understand, in detail, what drives people from passive interest to active evaluation and sales readiness.
- Partner with our operations team to identify relevant engagement metrics, help define lead scoring and grading, and structure reporting on user funnel progression.
- Collaborate with our customer advocate, content marketing, and product marketing teams to iterate on content based on user and customer insights uncovered through web analytics.
- Partner closely with sales development teams to build a holistic experience for end-users on both the sales and marketing front.
- Ensure a stellar customer journey, working across multiple teams across Fastly’s organization.
What We're Looking For
- You are the data geek, the experimenter, the creative mind, connector, and the person who delivers results.
- You have an affinity for learning new tools to reach prospects.
- You are passionate about engaging and delighting prospective customers.
- You are a strong team member and always strive to work across internal orgs to do what’s best for the customer.
- You have proven experience both building strategy and driving execution from the ground up.
- You have a strong knowledge of marketing/sales technologies including: Google Analytics, Salesforce, Marketo, Optimization and personalization tools (Optimizely, Evergage, or the like), Outreach.
- 8+ years experience in B2B lifecycle marketing and/or demand generation.
We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
We love distributed teams. Fastly’s home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is in our DNA.
We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits like up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, and an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful -- every day.
We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we’re not ‘one size fits all’. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they are passionate about.
We’re always looking for humble, sharp, and creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit please apply!
Fastly is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and to providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Employment decisions at Fastly are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Fastly encourages applicants from all backgrounds.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Fastly. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.