Named as a Forbes Fintech 50 in 2019, Marqeta powers modern payment solutions for companies innovating new services and process flows in a digital world. Our platform, open API, and advanced analytics provide unprecedented control for companies to issue cards, authorize transactions and manage payment operations in real-time.
We are a team of industry experts and technology innovators who take a dynamic approach to solving challenging problems. We power possibilities for our customers by bringing the best talent together in an open and collaborative work environment that rewards creativity and perseverance.
Marqeta is proud of its Oakland roots and strives to build a global team as diverse as the markets we serve, staying true to our values to Connect the Customer, Find a Way, Make Simple, Take Risk and Build One Marqeta. We are not expecting any single candidate to meet all job requirements listed below, so please apply. It’s an exciting time to join Marqeta. As we grow, your career and opportunities will grow as well.
The Manager of HR Operations will lead the core HR operations of our growing company across many areas as we scale. As a key member of our People Leadership team, you will lead a small, but growing group that is responsible for onboarding new talent, managing all immigration processes, ensuring compliance with core regulations and policies, and being the face of HR for employee inquiries across these areas.
- Be a key leader and active partner with various sub-teams across the People Organization and Marqeta broadly – HRBPs, Recruiting, Learning & Growth, Workplace Experience, Payroll, etc.
- Provide employee relations guidance and direction to the company
- Serve as a back-up to the HR Business Partner team
- Develop and lead a team that is responsible for all core HR operations including:
- Processing all HR changes – transfers, promotions, terms, enter compensation changes, liaise with payroll
- Onboarding new hires
- Manage communications and process of welcoming new talent, ensuring all required documents and acknowledgments are in place, internal files set up
- Ensure data integrity as all new hire data is entered in the system
- Track stock grants, bonus data, etc. manually
- Deliver onboarding sessions on benefits, perks, and systems
- Prepare exit packages in coordination with HRBPs, execs/leaders, Payroll, etc.
- Close out all records, HRIS status
- Ensure IT deactivates all relevant accounts
- Facilitate cessation of benefits, COBRA initiation
- Respond to inquiries regarding U.S. immigration case status, potential additional available options, including displacement or transfer strategies, by working closely with employees, their managers and HRBPs, external counsel, and other leaders on the team
- Serve as a point of contact to provide consultative services on available immigration options, internal guidelines, and/or education on new or changing policies
- Identify opportunities for continuous process improvement to ensure scalability
- Continually update immigration resources (FAQs, intranet content, communications) to promote self-service
- Liaise with employees, their managers and outside counsel throughout the immigration process
- Leaves of Absence
- Partner with employees throughout the leave process (this will be outsourced over time)
- Wellness Fairs, Benefits Fairs, and other key employee events
- Serve as a central point of contact for a high volume of employee questions about benefits, systems, programs, policies, onboarding activities, etc. managing tickets and fielding in-person questions and inquiries
- tracking required AB1825 Harassment training
- Respond to EDD inquiries
- Form 5500 filing
- ADA: Service Animals, and other accommodations
- AML/BSA docs in place
- CIIA audits for all new hires; partner with Legal
- Workplace injuries
- Systems: HRIS, Payroll liaise, Reporting
- Deep expertise in HR with an eye toward process optimization for scaling
- A proven effective leader with strong management skills, high EQ, and an inclusive approach to working with others
- Outstanding communication skills
- A data-driven approach to decision making
- Strong ability to influence others and partner with employees and leaders across the company
- Genuine comfort in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment as we manage our hyper growth
- Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines in a dynamic, entrepreneurial work environment
- Decisive problem solver
- Super collaborative approach to everything
- Ability to work in a team environment with a diverse group and a steady stream of interruptions
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in high-tech and/or start-up environment
- Rich suite of benefit plans; employee premiums paid 100%
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Full paid Parental Leave
- Pet insurance
- 401k plan with a Company match
- Competitive pay
- Meaningful equity
- Bi-annual “Hack Week” to support and reward innovation
- Monthly commuter and parking subsidy
- Open, transparent culture that includes All Hands meetings, Lunch-and-Learns, all-company offsites, etc.
- Access to corporate gym membership rates, other discounts and employee perks
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches twice a week, breakfast on Fridays and more!
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. Marqeta is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Apply for this Position