Are you looking to join an innovative organization powering payments for the next generation of fin-tech and commerce innovators? Marqeta has built the world’s first open API issuer processor platform from scratch, powering prepaid, debit, and credit cards for the most recognizable names in fin-tech, alternative lending, on-demand services, and e-commerce. Our company is comprised of a team of industry experts tackling challenging problems in a culture that is focused on ideas and innovation.
Not only do we have an inspiring and innovative culture, but only Marqeta can offer you a chance to help redefine the payments industry. As a testament to the company we've collectively built, our world-class team voted Marqeta one of the Bay Area’s Best Places to work.
Marqeta is proud of its Oakland roots and strives to build a team as diverse as the cities in which we operate. Underrepresented populations are encouraged to apply.
We are not expecting any single candidate to have an expertise under all areas of our requirements section. Please apply if you meet some but not all of the requirements.
The Manager of HR Operations will lead the core HR operations of our growing company across many areas as we scale. As a key member of our People Leadership team, you will lead a small, but growing group that is responsible for onboarding new talent, managing all immigration processes, ensuring compliance with core regulations and policies, and being the face of HR for employee inquiries across these areas.
- Be a key leader and active partner with various sub-teams across the People Organization and Marqeta broadly – HRBPs, Recruiting, Learning & Growth, Workplace Experience, Payroll, etc.
- Provide employee relations guidance and direction to the company
- Serve as a back-up to the HR Business Partner team
- Develop and lead a team that is responsible for all core HR operations including:
- Processing all HR changes – transfers, promotions, terms, enter compensation changes, liaise with payroll
- Onboarding new hires
- Manage communications and process of welcoming new talent, ensuring all required documents and acknowledgments are in place, internal files set up
- Ensure data integrity as all new hire data is entered in the system
- Track stock grants, bonus data, etc. manually
- Deliver onboarding sessions on benefits, perks, and systems
- Prepare exit packages in coordination with HRBPs, execs/leaders, Payroll, etc.
- Close out all records, HRIS status
- Ensure IT deactivates all relevant accounts
- Facilitate cessation of benefits, COBRA initiation
- Respond to inquiries regarding U.S. immigration case status, potential additional available options, including displacement or transfer strategies, by working closely with employees, their managers and HRBPs, external counsel, and other leaders on the team
- Serve as a point of contact to provide consultative services on available immigration options, internal guidelines, and/or education on new or changing policies
- Identify opportunities for continuous process improvement to ensure scalability
- Continually update immigration resources (FAQs, intranet content, communications) to promote self-service
- Liaise with employees, their managers and outside counsel throughout the immigration process
- Leaves of Absence
- Partner with employees throughout the leave process (this will be outsourced over time)
- Wellness Fairs, Benefits Fairs, and other key employee events
- Serve as a central point of contact for a high volume of employee questions about benefits, systems, programs, policies, onboarding activities, etc. managing tickets and fielding in-person questions and inquiries
- tracking required AB1825 Harassment training
- Respond to EDD inquiries
- Form 5500 filing
- ADA: Service Animals, and other accommodations
- AML/BSA docs in place
- CIIA audits for all new hires; partner with Legal
- Workplace injuries
- Systems: HRIS, Payroll liaise, Reporting,
- Deep expertise in HR with an eye toward process optimization for scaling
- A proven effective leader with strong management skills, high EQ, and an inclusive approach to working with others
- Outstanding communication skills
- A data-driven approach to decision making
- Strong ability to influence others and partner with employees and leaders across the company
- Genuine comfort in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment as we manage our hyper growth
- Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines in a dynamic, entrepreneurial work environment
- Decisive problem solver
- Super collaborative approach to everything
- Ability to work in a team environment with a diverse group and a steady stream of interruptions
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in high-tech and/or start-up environment
- Be a member of an exceptional team - we’re growing and your career and opportunities with us will, too!
- Rich suite of benefit plans - Employee premiums paid 100%
- Generous Paid Time Off plan
- Market-leading fully paid Parental Leave
- Retirement savings - 401k plan with a Company match
- Meaningful Equity
- Bi-annual Hack Weeks to support and reward innovation
- Beautiful downtown Oakland office in a great location, with stunning views of Lake Merritt
- Conveniently located close to public transportation
- Open, transparent culture that includes weekly All Hands meetings, Lunch-and-Learns, all-company offsite, etc.
- Commuter and Parking monthly subsidy
- Access to corporate gym membership rates and other discounts and employee perks!
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches twice a week, breakfast on Fridays, and more!
Apply for this Position