This job was found on RemoteOkView Original
Join us as an Infrastructure Engineer, Software Defined Network
* For someone with knowledge of software-defined networking, this is an opportunity to join our Software Defined Network (SDN) function within Network Services
* This is an exciting opportunity to set up, support and develop a new in-house SDN team, working on new SDN technologies such as Cisco ACI and VMware NSX
* You'll be providing technical resource and support to all Run & Change functions across our newly deployed SDN infrastructure
* Ultimately, you'll become a key contributor in this cutting-edge area of our business and will help set the future strategy to ensure its success
What you'll do
We have an immediate need to build our internal SDN capability within the bank, and this role is an opportunity to be part of a brand new team of technical specialists providing a DevOps function across the new infrastructure. This new team will support the end-to-end lifecycle and support of new and cutting edge SDN technologies, namely Cisco ACI and VMware NSX.
While you wont have any direct line management responsibilities, you'll be providing technical leadership and governance of the SDN DevOps workforce and activities, to make sure the banks business objectives are met.
You'r key responsibilities will include:
* Providing technical capability across the SDN DevOps team and our customers
* Providing operational support for the new SDN infrastructure
* Driving team cross-skilling to operate as a single DevOps function across both technologies
* Performing all lifecycle management functions across SDN and maintaining the new technologies
* Designing, planning and executing all incremental business-as-usual project change
* Providing defined engineering services for the new SDN infrastructure
* Collaborating with network and virtualisation colleagues to develop technical roadmaps
The skills you'll need
Were looking for someone with knowledge of software-defined networking, including products and design. Youll have substantial experience of networking, both in a design and operational environment, paired with proven technology design experience in the financial services sector.
We'll also be looking to you to demonstrate:
* Knowledge of industry best practice, trends and emerging technologies within the SDN space
* Operational experience of running VMware NSX environments or Cisco ACI fabrics
* Knowledge and experience relating to product lifecycle, governance and maturity frameworks
* An understanding of service management disciplines
* Knowledge of project lifecycles
* Experience providing people, technical and vendor leadership
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.