Fastly helps people stay better connected with the things they love. Fastly’s edge cloud platform enables customers to create great digital experiences quickly, securely, and reliably by processing, serving, and securing our customers’ applications as close to their end-users as possible — at the edge of the internet. The platform is designed to take advantage of the modern internet, to be programmable, and to support agile software development.
Fastly’s customers use our edge cloud platform to ensure concertgoers can buy tickets to the live events they love, travelers can book flights seamlessly and embark on their next great adventure, and sports fans can stream events in real time, across devices. They include many of the world’s most prominent companies, including Spotify, Alaska Airlines, Hulu, The New York Times, and Ticketmaster.
We're building a more trustworthy Internet. Come join us.
Our customers are interested in optimizing their product delivery, global footprint, and user experience using the Fastly platform. The Post-Sales Engineer will be on the front lines of this adoption as a Fastly Technical Account Manager within the Fastly Revenue Organization. As a trusted customer advocate, the TAM will help organizations understand edge computing, CDN solutions, and how to efficiently migrate existing workloads to Fastly while linking technology with measurable business value. Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products and technical opportunities are required for shaping and executing a strategy to build mindshare and a broad use of Fastly within strategic customers.
The ability to moderate your communication and technical depth based on the audience is crucial. A solid ability to pick up on non-verbal communication and un-said drivers is an important attribute for a successful TAM.
At Fastly, we are looking for individuals who are passionate about technology and have the ongoing drive and capability to absorb and retain vast amounts of deep technical information.
What You'll Do
- As the resident Fastly architect for your customer, you are an extension of the customer’s technical team
- Develop technical relationships with customers to build a deep understanding of their team, infrastructure, plans, and problems they are encountering.
- Post sales implementation of Fastly products, such as logging endpoints and VCL coding
- Investigate and recommend improvements to customers implementation and utilization of Fastly’s technology stack
- Work hands-on with internal teams and customers on any support requests or problems for assigned customers, driving escalation as necessary depending on severity
- Look for opportunities to introduce new Fastly products that compliment the customer’s needs
- Organize and participate in regularly scheduled customer meetings on-site and by video/phone as necessary, including cadence calls and Quarterly
- Business Review meetings
- Create and maintain Customer Runbooks
- Responsible for tracking and reporting on the health of your customer accounts, providing regular updates to Client Services leadership
- Complete analysis and present periodic reviews of operational performance to customer leadership
What We're Looking For
- 5 + years Pre-Sales or Post-Sales experience in Sales Engineering, Web Development, Customer facing DevOps Engineer, Technical Account Management, Solutions Architect
- Understanding of networking, including, BGP, internet routing, and the difference between transport and peering
- Understanding of HTTP/s, TCP, TLS, DNS
- Hands-on experience with Linux and scripting languages/tools (Python, Sed, Awk)
- Strongly prefer experience as an Infrastructure Architect
- A background of successful large technical project implementation as a technical expert or PM
- Empathy and understanding of the customer
- Comfort level with presenting and leading customer presentations and training
- Superior interpersonal and project management skills
- Excellent writing, verbal, critical thinking & analytical skills
- Capable and willing to travel for customer meetings as necessary
- While most duties will be performed during normal business hours, there is an occasional requirement for a flexible schedule as necessary based on customer needs
What You Might Have
- Experience with Varnish, VCL
- Streaming video/audio technologies or experience in e-commerce technologies/solutions
- Experience looking for opportunities to fill customer gaps to compliment their goals and future needs
- Experience in the CDN or cloud computing industries
- We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
- We love distributed teams. Fastly’s home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is in our DNA.
- We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits, like generous parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, and an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
- We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to a being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful -- every day.
- We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we’re not ‘one size fits all’. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they are passionate about.
Fastly provides equal employment opportunity without regard to an applicant’s race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Fastly. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Apply for this position