At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Beats, and Logstash — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. We unite Elasticians across 30+ countries (and counting!), 18 time zones, and 30 different languages into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
The Elastic Finance team is seeking a Junior Accountant to join our fast-growing, truly globally distributed team. Your efforts verifying and timely posting cash receipts and resolving cash discrepancies will play a significant role in our success securing revenue. We will look for your participation in the automation and integration of banking and credit card information cash receipts into NetSuite Accounts Receivable. Your ability to collaborate with international peers to complete daily and monthly responsibilities will be critical for your success. You will work together with many groups, including Sales Operations, Accounts Receivable, Revenue Accounting, Tax, Treasury, Financial Reporting, FP&A, Internal Audit as well as our external auditors and consultants.
- Post daily customer payments by recording cash and checks from lockbox deposits as well as credit card transactions for both domestic and international subsidiaries
- Resolve unapplied cash, by identifying and resolving root cause issues to prevent repeat occurrences
- Assist and support the review of monthly aging analysis for bad debt allowance adjustments and supply any information needed for decision making
- Verifies validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from sales, customer service departments, and from customers
- Resolves valid or authorized deductions by entering debit memos; correct errors by preparing and uploading adjusting journal entries in general Ledger
- Protect Elastic's value by keeping information confidential
- Updates job knowledge by participating in business and educational projects/opportunities/training
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results timely for month, quarter, and year-end deadlines
- Timely reconcile general and subsidiary bank accounts cash batches (domestic and international) by gathering and balancing information
- Support other accounting areas as time allows and based on growth and changes in the company
- Provide financial status information by preparing special reports
- Maintain accounting controls by following policies and procedures
- Participate in proposing general ledger accounting policies and process narratives
- Propose operational improvements and internal controls
- Collaborate with other departments in order to record monthly transactions timely
- Participate in preparing and supplying documentation for the annual audit and quarterly reviews with external auditors, internal audit SOX control requests, other accounting team data requests, and executive management special projects
- Degree in Accounting preferred
- NetSuite experience required
- Excellent customer service, organizational, communication, and follow-up skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work effectively to meet deadlines
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent accuracy and attention to details skills
- Solid self-management and self-starter
- Ability to work both independently and as a great teammate in a dynamic environment
- Credit Card and lockbox customer experience is desired
- Intermediate Excel skills are desired
- General ledger journal entry and balance sheet reconciliation experience
- Experience in a high-growth technology company
We're looking to hire team members invested in realizing the goal of making real-time data exploration easy and available to anyone. As a distributed company, we believe that diversity drives our vibe! Whether you're looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
Apply for this position