Doximity is transforming the healthcare industry. Our mission is to help doctors be more productive, informed, and connected. As a software engineer focused on our data stack, you'll work within cross-functional delivery teams alongside other engineers, designers, and product managers in building software to help improve healthcare.
Our team brings a diverse set of technical and cultural backgrounds and we like to think pragmatically in choosing the tools most appropriate for the job at hand.
Here's How You Will Make an Impact
- Work with the rest of the data infrastructure team to design, architect, implement, and support data systems, libraries and processes impacting all other data teams at Doximity.
- Further solidify our CI/CD, reduce production impacting issues and improve monitoring/logging.
- Support and train data analysts, data scientists, and data product engineers on new or improved data infrastructure systems and processes.
- Encourage data best-practices through code by continuing the development of our internal data frameworks and libraries.
- Identify and address performance, scaling or resource issues.
- Establish data architecture processes and practices that can be scheduled, automated, replicated and serve as standards for other teams to leverage.
- Spearhead, plan, and carry out the implementation of solutions while self-managing your time and focus.
- You have at least three years of professional experience developing data processing, enrichment, transformation, and integration solutions
- You are fluent in Python, an expert in SQL, and can script your way around Linux systems with bash
- You are no stranger to data warehousing and designing data models
- You have operational experience supporting data stacks through tools like Terraform, Chef and Docker.
- You are foremost an engineer, making you passionate for high code quality, automated testing, and other engineering best practices
- You have the ability to self-manage, prioritize, and deliver functional solutions
- You possess advanced knowledge of Unix, Git, and AWS tooling (especially EMR)
- You agree that concise and effective written and verbal communication is a must for a successful team
- You are able to maintain a minimum of 5 hours overlap with 9:30 to 5:30 PM Pacific time
- You can dedicate about 18 days per year for travel to company events within the U.S.A
- Doximity has industry leading benefits. For an updated list, see our career page
More info on Doximity
We’re thrilled to be named the Fastest Growing Company in the Bay Area, and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies. Joining Doximity means being part of an incredibly talented and humble team. We work on amazing products that over 70% of US doctors (and over one million healthcare professionals) use to make their busy lives a little easier. We’re driven by the goal of improving inefficiencies in our $3.5 trillion U.S. healthcare system and love creating technology that has a real, meaningful impact on people’s lives. To learn more about our team, culture, and users, check out our careers page, company blog, and engineering blog. We’re growing steadily, and there’s plenty of opportunities for you to make an impact.
Doximity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Apply for this Position