This job was found on RemoteOkView Original
SaleHoo.com is a New Zealand-based company creating online eCommerce tools for people looking to start their own online businesses. We’re based in Christchurch, but over 95% of our team work remotely from various places around the world.
We have a Product Manager position responsible for managing and owning various products we have built on SaleHoo.com.
We want to hear from people who have a great eye for detail, passion for and intelligence with data and an up-to-the minute knowledge of the latest and greatest techniques in user experience design and development in eCommerce. You should be someone who relishes having major input on several different projects, delights in producing first-class user experiences and continually tries to make each new project better than the last.
Neat things about working with us:
* Flexible hours (can discuss full-time, contract & remote options)
* Work from home/anywhere (or from our Christchurch office)
* Relaxed, ego-free, family-friendly work culture
* Designing product strategy through assessment of users, market trends and competitive opportunities.
* Defining both long-term strategy and short-term plans to achieve the product vision and deliver business results.
* Executing all product lifecycle processes from concept to launch.
* Delivering innovation in features, usability and product performance.
* Being the internal and external advocate for our products.
* Developing comprehensive product feature plans and actions to achieve business goals.
* Monitoring key performance metrics to ensure a high level of product performance.
Other important requirements for this role are:
* Excellent written English and a friendly manner in writing. You should be able to build a rapport with customers, other staff and stakeholders.
* Common sense and the ability to "read between the lines" to understand what customers are concerned about.
* Meticulous attention to detail. Your spelling and grammar should be top notch.
* Good time management skills. Since this can be a remote working position, you'll need to be organised, motivated and (dare we say) a "self-starter".
If you think you have the following, we want to hear from you:
* Experience managing eCommerce website or software products from creation through to launch.
* An excellent analytical brain and the ability to spot trends and come up with hypotheses that "normal" people wouldn't see.
* The ability to translate broad product vision into clear and meaningful plans.
* A strong user focus and empathy with customers.
* Excellent communication skills, including the ability to converse with technical staff.
* The ability to translate requests from non-technical staff into elegant and functioning websites.
* Deep experience with Amazon, eBay, Shopify, Alibaba or similar products.
* Skill with prototyping interfaces and webpage designs (sketching and wireframes).